A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social with Rush & Vibe!
Rush is a new bite-sized gaming service that aims to channel the competitive spirit of India where players can use their skills to Play, Compete & Win! ⚡️
Vibe is an approval-only community (one has to apply to join). With Vibe, we're building a magical & safe place online where people can be themselves & make new friends.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
You will be joining a high-quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to growth and success.
Key Day To Day Responsibilities :
- Create, maintain and execute test cases and test plans and provide clear and concise reports.
- Test the features that are being developed and Provide constructive feedback on systems, features and the overall quality of our 3D assets.
- Ensure that the Sprint, Milestone and Project Deliverables are achieved on time through active participation in testing tasks and processes.
- Assist in executing the QA test plans by performing thorough testing on assignments. This can include art-tool, tech-tool(engine), compliance, performance, documentation, etc. and other types of testing.
- Coordinate and communicate with the different production and development teams involved in the project.
- Clearly document issues and ensure they can be reproduced effectively.
- Track and maintain the bug database and regularly highlight important issues to the production teams.
- Identify any potential project risks in advance and convey the same to the production teams.
- Provide support to the Production and Development teams according to their specific requests.
- Additionally, work on improving the operational efficiency of the QA team by assessing the current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role (Open to remote talent)
- 4+ years experience in game or software quality assurance
- An excellent understanding of database and bug-tracking software (Example: JIRA, etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
- Knowledge about different consoles, its peripherals and 1st Party guidelines.
- Knowledge of QA methodologies and tools, Game development cycle and different milestones involved.
- Knowledge and experience working with different Game Engines like Unreal, Unity, etc.
- Experience creating reusable test cases and test suites.
- The ability to work autonomously, prioritize tasks and take ownership of assigned areas.
- An innate desire to understand how things work and a willingness to learn.
- Looking to join a top-level, creative and independent team.
- Open to remote talent
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status. See what we are up to here blog.hike.in
Explore the recruitment process and all the open positions at hike.in/workathike