A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial. We'd like to change that. With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the center. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions, and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social with Rush & Vibe!
Rush is a new bite-sized gaming service that aims to channel the competitive spirit of India where players can use their skills to Play, Compete & Win! ⚡️
Vibe is an approval-only community (one has to apply to join). With Vibe, we're building a magical & safe place online where people can be themselves & make new friends.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different, and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products.
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results-driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having a meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data-Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open-Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
You will be joining a high-quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to growth and success.
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with the art, tech and other stakeholders to deliver 3D art assets through the desired game engine.
- Deliver final 3D artworks, style guide and placeholder artwork in the engine
- Deliver 3D graphics for user-interface components
- Procure and implement 3D animations and effects for usage and UI
- A comprehensive understanding of the 3D mobile game art pipeline
- Participate in art reviews and troubleshoot any art issues with artistic solutions from a creative and technical standpoint
- Deliver optimised assets and files to be used inside the game engine (Unity)
- Write and manage optimum shaders to be used in the engine
- Research and develop technical tools for the projects
- Set up workflows of art production
SOUND LIKE YOU?
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Quick visualization ability from written descriptions or discussed ideas
- Familiarity with different game engine
- Expertise in any one game engine, preferably Unity.
- A creative leader with excellent communication skills and a strong portfolio
- Proficient in sculpting, modelling and texturing
- A passion for virtual worlds and social networking
- Basic knowledge of 3D art
- Basic knowledge of coding
- A relevant experience portfolio
- Open to remote talent
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status. See what we are up to here blog.hike.in
Explore the recruitment process and all the open positions at hike.in/workathike