ABOUT THE JOB
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
We are seeking an Animation Supervisor to join our Animation Department soon on our second Digital Project!
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with Director(s) to maintain the look and quality bar of animation in the production.
- Develop and maintain productivity and morale of the Animation team.
- Define and execute the production’s Animation creative and technical strategy.
- Collaborate with Production teams’ planning and bidding animation shot production.
- Work with production management to forecast potential challenges and disruptions to animation schedule and help implement viable solutions and timelines with production and VFX Supervisor.
- Design and implement most efficient ways to execute animation shot production.
- Oversee Animation Leads, Tech Animators, and Technical Directors in defining and meeting the creative and technical needs and objectives for the production.
- Provide specifications of Animation departmental production technology requirements.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities, both written and verbal.
- Engage production leadership and teams with a positive attitude that encourages collaboration.
- Manage time and balance priorities, often amidst the pressures of busy, deadline-driven productions.
- Represent BRON Digital as Animation Supervisor at various animation industry festivals, job fairs and industry events.
- 10+ years' Animation experience in feature animation, VFX and/or television
- 4+ years' Animation Supervisor experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to clearly communicate artistic notes to others
- Ability to produce quality character animation in a variation of styles
- Must have experience in animation direction in feature animation, VFX and/or television
- Be able to assess the artists talent and skill sets in order to achieve the needs of the project
- Knowledge of applicable software packages including Maya required
- Experience/Understanding of UE4 is an asset
- Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits and Employee Family Assistance Program
- Paid holiday closure between Christmas and New Year
- 7 health days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)