Strategic Resourcing Solutions (SRS) is part of the Global SRS group. SRS is one of the business service lines within TFS.
Associate Director - Line Manager, SRS, is responsible for providing oversight to outsourced staff ensuring management support in meeting operational and financial deliverables according to customer requirements and contractual obligations.
The Associate Director will ensure projects are resourced and pro-actively managed to ensure expectations in contracts are met, on schedule and in line with the appropriate compliance and quality standards.
- Line management of assigned staff within SRS.
- Participate in resource planning and staff allocation discussions to ensure that staff are appropriately resourced.
- Act as a key relationship manager for assigned customers
- Renewals to be sent to clients and negotiating new rates
- Provide pro-active guidance and direction to assigned staff and customer management to assist in service delivery and professional development
- Support staff with a resolution of significant assignment issues
- Participate in recruitment and induction of new staff with Human Resources in adherence with SRS SOP/BOPs
- Provide technical expertise and support to assigned staff
- Ensure staff are appropriately qualified and trained according to client contract, provide coaching and mentoring of assigned staff.
- Ensure profitability is maintained for ongoing assignments
- Identify and escalate issues as appropriate within the organisation
- Contribute to proposal development for new business opportunities
- Contribute to bid defence meeting preparations in partnership with Business Development and Senior Operations staff
- Participate in and /or lead global process improvement initiatives
- May be requested to support Director, Business Unit Head
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in life science or nursing; or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience within clinical research or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of the clinical drug development process
- Thorough knowledge of GCP/ICH Guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and line manage staff in a global environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work through others to deliver results to quality, time and financial metrics
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Private Health Coverage
- Corporate Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Global General Liability Insurance
- Global Travel Insurance
- Home-based Allowance
- Internet reimbursement
- Flexible working schedule