As the Associate Technical Product Manager of Aprende’s Learning Management System, you'll sit at the intersection of technology, business, and operations.
As the Associate Technical Product Manager, you'll help lead the innovation, iteration, configuration, and optimization of our online education products: ensuring Aprende students have a seamless, engaging, and consistent online learning experience. To reach this goal, you'll partner with learning content leaders, operations, design, product management, and LMS admins to execute on the plan to deliver the platform capabilities required to scale our product, and end-user experience.
What you will be doing
- Serve as a primary point of contact for LMS Administration team
- Translate requirements and reported bugs into tickets in Jira
- Create, maintain, prioritize and sequence the team backlog according to business value and existing commitments
- Support the Technical Product Manager in the implementation and configuration of newly developed features and the optimization of existing features owned by the LMS development team
- Conduct user acceptance testing on features and bug fixes before they are released, ensuring the high quality of products that are being delivered to students
- Participate in daily rituals including planning and daily standups
- Define and write detailed requirements for features and functionality, both for end-user experiences and internal-user needs
- Develop relationships with the Learning Content, Marketing and Service Support teams.
- Analyze and understand processes to identify inefficiencies or impediments and suggest ways to automate and scale once manual processes
- Be a problem solver which means you will need to be hands on. You can’t be afraid of getting in the weeds
- Other duties as assigned
- Fully bilingual (Spanish and English) - We have US, Mexico, and Colombia based teams and vendors and both languages are a must
- 1+ years of Software Product Management experience (or similar relevant experience)
- Experience with the implementation, management of courses, lessons, and assessments in a high traffic LMS (Preferably Moodle LMS)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to keep multiple groups and teams on the same page and explain complex information to internal stakeholders in a straightforward manner i.e., leadership, operations, and technology teams to accomplish project goals.
- Be familiar with Scrum/Agile and able to break down requirements/epics/user stories into manageable and executable chunks as well as experience participating in daily scrum meetings
- Self starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail