At Reserve, we’re changing the Venezuelan financial system to allow access to US dollars. In the long term, Reserve aims to eliminate high inflation all around the world. Eventually, we’ll launch a currency that’s independent from the US dollar. We’re ultimately a cryptocurrency project, but at present what we do is Cash App meets BitTorent.
Dollar access is crucial for our users in Venezuela and Argentina as well as their migrant relatives and friends in Colombia and Panamá to cope with ongoing high levels of inflation. Our team is distributed across 3 continents and 7 different countries. We’re funded by Sam Altman and Peter Thiel personally. Before Reserve, our team members led two of the most prominent attempts to solve the problem of hyperinflation in Venezuela.
We’ve created a series of channels that allow any normal Venezuelan to convert their Bolivars (the local failed currency) into US dollars and back again in our app in a couple of minutes. This means that Venezuelans can use our app to easily save and spend in US dollars, without having to worry about their money devaluing overnight.
Due to capital controls in Venezuela, this kind of financial service is not commonly available, and our early users are extremely appreciative of what we’ve built. New users are often skeptical that we can deliver what we promise… until they try it, and often evangelize their friends once they have seen how our app works.
This is the percentage of users actively using the service after N weeks from their first time trying it:
Our short-term goal is to support the entire Venezuelan economy transacting digitally in US dollars, escaping the issues posed by the hyperinflation the country has suffered in the last decade. We are aiming to serve 10M+ Venezuelans, and looking to Argentina next.
Why we’re hiring
Things are going great for us (yes, we are proud!). As we write this, we have a long waitlist of would-be users who are getting impatient with us (publicly – like, accumulating 1-star reviews from those who are upset that they are still waiting to get in ).
We are looking for individuals with a burning desire to take the challenge of growth in the midst of the fintech revolution. One of the most important short-term goals is to massively increase adoption of our app as a payment method for merchants in our primary markets, especially Venezuela.
We specifically need a person who has an extensive network of contacts in the retail sector and is capable of providing merchants with personalized attention in order to find the perfect fit in payment and foreign exchange solutions as well as create and discover opportunities to help them reach their business goals with the app.
We have an open remote position for an individual who’s experienced in consultative sales and is passionate about service. This position is for a high-performer who has the ability to strategically develop relationships with potential and existing key corporate and retail clients, based on a true understanding of their business. As a Reserve team member, you will identify needs and requirements to promote our company’s solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction. The goal is to contribute in sustaining and growing our business to achieve long-term success. We value self-starters, problem solvers and collaborators. This is a remote-only position for the entire Latin America region, but preferably for people living in Argentina, México, Colombia, or Venezuela. The ideal candidate is very comfortable speaking Spanish and English in a professional business setting. Being a remote, relationship-oriented role, successful candidates must have appropriate home-office conditions, with adequate equipment, privacy, power stability, and an Internet service capable of supporting video-calls with good audio 99% of the time, and with your camera on at least 50% of the time.
- Is fluent in Spanish and comfortable speaking English.
- Has solid experience leading consultative sales teams.
- Has a creative mind capable of creating innovative strategies to add new corporate users and merchants to our platform.
- Has a portfolio of clients and contacts in the corporate and retail sector.
- Has excellent social and relationship building skills, not only with clients and users, but with teammates as well.
- Communicates well and quickly in Spanish, both in speech and writing.
- Great presentation skills.
- Skill in problem-solving and negotiation.
- Is open to devise and try new ways for merchants to make the most of our app.
- Is goal-oriented, enjoys taking on challenges, even if there's a chance of failure.
- Is highly self-motivated and able to effectively communicate virtually.
- Is adaptable and flexible, enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Plan and implement strategies to attain new partnerships with businesses and merchants to boost the growth of Reserve adoption in Venezuela.
- Identify, qualify and reach business prospects.
- Develop strategic and profitable commercial relationships with clients and partners.
- Ensure that existing strategic business relationships are on the highest level and can leverage new business opportunities.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics.
- Coordinate the delivery of optimum service to corporate clients and merchants serving as the communication link between key customers and internal teams.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of key clients’ needs and requirements.
- Continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives, in order to expand the relationships with existing customers.
- Ensuring the correct products and services are delivered to clients in a timely manner.
- Location: anywhere, but expect to be online for a decent part of the US workday
- Seniority: we need a senior, experienced professional in consultative sales
- Comp: competitive salary in line with regional international standards for a similar position. We can do full cash, equity or a hybrid arrangement
- Purpose: Reserve helps people beat hyperinflation, and aims to eradicate it entirely