We’re looking for a Business Intelligence & Data Architect who will lead analyzing, architecting and managing master data throughout our organization. This is a vital role within the company as we continue to scale. We expect the person to be the in-house expert in the current data architecture and will assess, recommend and implement a long term strategic path to a comprehensive MDM approach. The ideal person for our team is someone who can work with end users, developers and architects to effectively utilize and commercialize master data.
The Business Intelligence & Data Architect will join RxVantage and help us as we transform how medical practices engage with life science resources and expertise to improve patient care. Trusted by more than 6,000 medical practices and all major life science companies, RxVantage has powered over 5 million educational exchanges between healthcare teams and life science companies.
Our “Work from Anywhere” philosophy is aimed at making sure we bring a diverse range of thought leadership, so that our technology is better able to serve local health care providers. Our goal is to hire the country’s top talent and allow them to create an environment where they can do their best work.
What you’ll be doing:
You will have the opportunity to dig into the data models of multiple systems already in place, and make recommendations for consolidation, transformation and integration of data sources. You will research and apply data technologies such as data lakes and data warehouses where appropriate, so as to support broader company initiatives for use of AI, machine learning, and analysis. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders to ensure we have the data required to solve complex business problems.
- Defining, creating and implementing a strategic data architecture roadmap for the enterprise that includes long-term plans and objectives
- Guide data modeling strategies across all aspects of our developmental roadmap and evolving architectures
- Data modeling and defining data flows and integrations necessary to present data in BI platforms such as Totango, or BI tools like Power BI and Tableau
- Analyzing current and proposing changes to existing data repositories and data flows so as to better support company objectives for the measurement of internal and external product performance
- Understanding the business needs for the integration of data from multiple systems to drive development of data lakes or data warehouses
- Modeling, managing, and reporting of data stored in data lakes or data warehouses
- Applying best practices to ensure the security and privacy of the data repositories
- Defines the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present data in order to proactively
- Build centralized methodologies and tools for effective compliance oversight and risk management. Utilize enterprise data to develop internal scorecards and dashboards for tracking, aggregation, visualization and production of effective risk and issue reporting.
- Develop process automation, utilize metrics and views to identify areas of focus improvement
- Consolidate critical metrics from various databases and monitoring tools to create risk focused dashboards and holistic views
- Ensure data is linked to latest monitoring technology and IT data depositories
- Develop and recommend integration architectures that minimize data redundancy and maximize utilization of data. Develop new data architectures and update existing data architectures to ensure stability and accuracy of database implementations.
- Provide expertise, influence, advice and mentorship to engineers at all levels. Support and develop technical leadership capabilities across our rapidly growing Engineering cohort.
- Ensure teams you collaborate with are delivering quickly, measuring impact and iterating to drive positive outcomes for customers.
The ideal candidate:
You are a hands-on problem solver, comfortable with SQL, R, Python and APIs, who can work independently in an agile development framework. You will also provide technical leadership to employees currently engaged in data collection and management, so as to collectively develop company best practices for data management.
- 10+ years of experience working as a data architect/engineer, ideally in a SaaS organization focusing on Data as a Service or Solution.
- In-depth experience with multiple relational database services and advanced SQL skills with the ability to perform and optimize complex queries.
- You have proven experience working as a senior technical decision marker with a high data volume, globally available, SaaS application supporting the data needs of multiple product and business stakeholders.
- A desire to whiteboard problems with your peers and ensure teams are pursuing pragmatic solutions to the right problems.
- Explain your views well to others but just as importantly, actively listen and facilitate good discussions. You’ll also want to document and share a summary of the discussion for the benefit of others
- You roll up your sleeves and enjoy getting into the weeds to solve difficult problems.
- Experience designing data flows with a cloud-native mindset using tools for Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Experience navigating cloud-based data models for business solutions like Salesforce, Veeva and NetSuite
- A strong desire to work collaboratively within a team, and provide technical direction, mentorship and leadership across teams
- A strong desire to understand data requirements and deliver scalable, robust solutions that meet those requirements
- Demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team to deliver a data warehouse, data lake or data analytics platform
- A passion to learn and improve within the company and share knowledge with colleagues
- developing data architectures and managing database technologies
- Competitive Salary + Commission for Certain Roles
- 100% Company-Paid Premiums for Employee’s Medical Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Work from Anywhere!
- Flexible PTO - Take the time when you want it!
About Our Organization
RxVantage transforms how medical practices engage life science resources and expertise. By automating scheduling and streamlining communication, RxVantage gives practices a powerful connection to the innovative solutions that are revolutionizing patient care.
Our apps intelligently connect healthcare providers with the precise life sciences experts that they need, when they need them. As a result, medical practices stay on the cutting edge of patient care without disrupting workflows.
RxVantage is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to ensuring that we represent the local communities where our health and wellbeing providers serve as pillars of support to our family, friends, and neighbors. Our representation within these communities allows us to embody a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives; and provide an inclusive environment for our team to feel empowered to be their authentic selves, without fear of harassment or discrimination.