The Clinical Research Manager (CRM) is part of Clinical Operations Unit within TFS Clinical Development Services and will function operationally as a member of a Project Team being responsible of coordinating and overseeing the country and site management activities during study conduct, according to company policies, SOPs and regulatory requirements in addition to financial and contractual obligations.
The CRM will be reporting to the Project Manager being responsible of certain aspects of project activities which may include country and site tracking, monitoring plans, review of monitoring reports and study monitoring resources management. The CRM can be also appointed as Clinical Operations Staff Line Manager being responsible for providing oversight and support in meeting quality standards, operational and financial deliverables of the assigned staff.
Project oversight and responsibility over clinical operations deliverables
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of monitoring and site Management activities ensuring
- Lead, manage and guide CRAs being responsible for training and quality oversight of site management activities while proactively identifying potential operational issues and ensuring study deliverables.
- Serve as initial point of contact for the monitoring team and support them with investigative site personnel liaison.
- Perform co-monitoring visits as part of the monitoring team quality oversight.
- Review and approve site visit reports (PSV, SIV, MV and COV) with agreed and act as first point of contact for issue escalation ensuring the proper resolution and action plan definition and follow up.
- Update the Project Manager with status of sites and countries and ensure a proper escalation of any issue detected at site/country level.
- Assist Project Manager in CRA training program, training CRAs on study procedures and requirements and ensuring a proper handover when there is a replacement of CRA.
- Review CTMS to ensure country, site and subject information is recorded properly and on a regular basis.
- Provide input to project manager about activities time registration and consumption ensuring appropriate revenue recognition and revenue forecasting.
- For local studies, CRM may be assigned as Project Manager being in charge of customer liaison, project budget management, vendor selection and management and any other additional tasks described in Project Manager Job Description.
- May participate in bid defense meeting preparations in partnership with Business compliance with ICH/GCP guidelines, SOPs and protocol requirements.
Line management of assigned staff within Clinical Operations
- Participate in resource planning and staff allocation discussions to ensure that project teams are appropriately resourced during all phases of a project
- Collect and analyze delivery, productivity and performance metrics
- Provide pro-active guidance and direction to assigned staff around site selection, site management, site monitoring, site close out and customer management to assist in service delivery and professional development
- Participate in Recruitment and induction of new staff with Human Resources, directed by the Director Monitoring,
- Ensure staff are appropriately qualified and trained by providing input to training plans, coaching and mentoring of assigned staff and assisting in the delivery of training
- Together with the Director, Clinical Operations to ensure assigned budgets are managed, profitability is maintained and invoicing is performed on time and in accordance with the scope of work
- Degree in clinical, science or health related field
- 4+ years of clinical research experience, preferably as CRA, including relevant on-site monitoring experience.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Understand the basic medical terminology and science associated with the assigned drugs and therapeutic areas
- Possess the understanding of Good Clinical Practice regulations, ICH guidelines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team matrix organization and multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as computer skills
- Excellent organizational and Line Management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20-30%
- Fitness Contribution
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Global General Liability Insurance
- Global Travel Insurance