Founded in 2009, Trantor is a leading software services company headquartered in Menlo Park, California. We deliver innovative technology solutions which enable our clients to achieve their business objectives holistically keeping the big picture in the front and center.
People working at Trantor practice pragmatism in software engineering and focus on customer success. This has led to extremely positive long-term working relationships with our clients and solution partners. They participate in different forums at Trantor to solve complex business and algorithmic problems across business domains. They also actively participate in and nurture the local tech communities.
Please visit https://trantorinc.com for more details.
Why work at Trantor
- We value diverse perspectives and hire to enrich our teams with new ideas and perspectives.
- Your learning is a top priority. We actively structure teams and projects to maximize individual growth and opportunities.
- You are encouraged to communicate openly and share opinions irrespective of your role or designation..
- Good work/life balance - We have strong work ethics towards our customers; at the same time we also value your life outside of work.
- Many of us have worked together at previous companies, and choose to work together again and again because we respect one-another.
As a Cloud DBA - Here is what you will bring:
Must Have: DataBase
- 6-8 years Strong DBA experience - Oracle OR MariaDB OR MySQL
- Proficient in SQL, DB scripting and automation
- Should be hands-on in writing SQL queries
- Proficient at migrating/promoting DB changes from Dev to QA to Prod
- Basic understanding of database development cycle
- Continuously monitor and optimize performance: Strive for low and consistent tail latency and a joint view of the application and the database.
- Backup and recovery: Backup to cold storage and restore.
- Knowledge of data index management, statistics
Must Have: Cloud
- 1-2 years Cloud experience with any Cloud platform (AWS OR Azure OR GCP) database setup, config, disaster recovery.
- Should have very good analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in AWS RDS, S3, EC2 or equivalent on Azure / GCP
- Must have experience with setting up DR and replication strategies on cloud
- Good communication and documentation skills
Good to have
- Knowledge and experience with AWS DMS (Data Migration Service) or equivalent on Azure / GCP
- Knowledge of Database architecture, capacity sizing, database internals like tablespace, storage management
- Proficient in automation of DB release using tools like Liquibase, flyway
- Knowledge of any ETL tool for Data transformation and migration