We are looking for our next AML & Risk Analyst, a very important role for our Compliance Operations team:
About the role:
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. The successful candidates will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally. Time management skills and existing knowledge of Fraud, KYC, AML/Compliance is an advantage.
What you will do:
- Execute KYC procedures during the onboarding process for all Reserve users;
- Monitor the AML risk environment of Argentina, Colombia, Panama, and Venezuela and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process;
- Document findings and submit reports as needed to the Compliance management team. Inform and escalate significant compliance matters that require their attention or action;
- Analyze alerts and investigate customers/transactions during onboarding, before a transaction is processed or received and/or during maintenance.
- Conduct inquiries using global standard policies, procedures, and tools aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements. As a result of investigation, report unusual merchant activities that might be related to sanctioned individuals, money laundering or terrorist financing or fraud;
- Conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and interviews with Products Ops or Compliance contacts within the organization;
- Monitor adherence to the Reserve global policies and relevant procedures; stay current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Bachelor's/University degree; experience in Compliance, Fraud, Legal or other control-related function in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of AML, Fraud and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) language proficiency is required.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative, and adaptive.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization.
- 2 years of banking, financial, Fintech institution experience.
- Location: anywhere, but expect to be online for a decent part of the US workday
- Seniority: we need an entry level professional in Compliance Operations.
- Comp: we can match any offer you have, and can do full cash, significant equity or a hybrid arrangement depending on your preference.
- Purpose: Reserve helps people beat hyperinflation, and aims to eradicate it entirely