First Reference is looking for a subject matter expert in federal, provincial and territorial payroll compliance for PaySource.
- Make updates and adjustments to existing content or create new content in the PaySource publication to provide payroll compliance information to enable subscribers to administer their payroll department or tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure the materials and resources in PaySource are current, user friendly and easily accessed and understood.
- Untangle the intricacies of employment standards, taxable benefits; federal and provincial income tax, Employment Insurance/Quebec Parental Insurance Plan, CPP/QPP, year end, T4s, T4As, and RL-1s, among others – to successfully help employers and payers comply with all requirements.
- Conduct research through payroll-related legislation, regulations, policies, government contacts and internet when necessary.
- Suggest improvements, verify facts and references and perform other accuracy tasks.
- Create and provide content for user documentation related to PaySource (newsletter, guides, quick references, whitepapers etc.)
- Assist with facilitation of training materials (seminars, conferences etc.)
- Provide personal, one-on-one assistance and expertise to subscribers when needed
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification is an asset
- 3 or more years of experience in payroll
- Post-secondary education in the form of a degree or diploma is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of multi-jurisdictional payroll across Canada
- Ability to interpret and explain legislation, regulations and policies
- Strong research skills
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Superior ability to convey complex concepts in an effective fashion
- Analytical thinking
- Effective and appropriate verbal and written communication skills in both English and French is mandatory
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior listening skills – ability to ask questions, capture the information necessary and know which follow-up questions need to be answered
- Detail oriented
This is an independent contractor position.
We thank all individuals interested in this role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested contractors should contact the Managing Editor Yosie Saint-Cyr at firstname.lastname@example.org.