About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 5 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 800+ strong team located in offices in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Singapore, Bulgaria, Malta and Miami, Florida. For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role:
The Contracts Manager / Paralegal will join the global legal team with a focus in the regulatory space in the United States and Americas generally. Candidate must be a self-starter who exhibits a strong passion for financial innovation, who enjoys working cross-functionally and collaboratively to solve complex problems and is excited about Crypto.com’s mission.
Preferred Role Location: Miami, Seattle, or remote
- Legal Knowledge and Support - You proactively support attorneys and other departments on legal matters; you draft, process, and/or review legal and other documents and maintain your legal framework knowledge.
- Operational Excellence - You ensure compliance by reviewing and contributing to business materials; you demonstrate accountability for achieving project goals, and support attorneys in developing solutions that enable clients to achieve business objectives.
- Business Counseling - You build a knowledge of Crypto.com businesses, make recommendations and provide support to the various lines of business; you act as the primary legal contact certain business teams and participate in meetings with attorneys, business leaders, and outside counsel; you prepare presentations; and you communicate, counsel, and provide status updates to clients on issues under the direction of an attorney.
- Improvement – You self-manage and prioritize your work tasks and projects and maintain company tools, resources, databases, and processes in order to improve efficiency.
- Contract Management - You support the management and full life cycle of the contracting process. You assist with drafting and negotiation of deals under the direction of an attorney.
- Interest in cryptocurrencies and fintech generally; prior working experience with crypto companies is a plus.
- General corporate management and working knowledge of the legal system.
- Payments industry expertise and experience in consumer-facing industry are pluses.
- Financial services regulations and licensing processes a plus.
- Self-starter and a team player
- Around 5 years of in-house, government agency, or private practice law firm, with exposure to financial services, cryptocurrencies, or general corporate practices
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in emerging payments technology and the financial services industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced international environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities, and willingness to use innovative solutions to scale your legal advice
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- J.D. and plus
- Competitive compensation package that includes more than just a salary
- Top tier benefits including 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums (including eligible dependents) and 50% paid for spouse
- 401(k) retirement benefits including a company match
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- You will get to have involvement in developing brand new products from scratch and/or developing business in new regions, alongside with a talented team
Cryptocurrency is the future. Get on the rocket ship.