WHO ARE WE?
Yellow Leaf creates blissful relaxation for our customers and a path out of poverty for our makers. We entered the market with a line of hammocks technically engineered for comfort and are expanding our product line to create relaxation solutions for everyday living.
Each Yellow Leaf purchase enables families to permanently escape the cycle of poverty, achieve economic stability and build the foundation for a brighter future. We work with artisans whose families are trapped in a cycle of extreme poverty. We create flexible, dignified high-wage artisan jobs for women, in addition to providing training and creating a long-term market for their products. A Yellow Leaf artisan can provide for the health and nutrition of her family, in addition to ensuring that her children can afford to go to school – permanently breaking the poverty cycle in a single generation.
Yellow Leaf Hammocks shot to fame after appearing on the season finale of ABC's television series, Shark Tank, where we secured a $1M investment from billionaire social entrepreneur Daniel Lubetzkey.
We are a Best for the World B Corporation, an international microfinance partner of Kiva.org, one of Oprah Winfrey's exclusive "Favorite Things" and a premiere partner of Richard Branson's "Virgin Voyages" Cruise Line.
Yellow Leaf recently launched a game-changing new piece of furniture called The Hammock Throne. The Hammock Throne is a free-standing hammock lounger designed to fit perfectly in your living room, small balcony, or bedroom. It enables people to create a perfect relaxation nook whether they live in a beachside mansion or a tiny city apartment. This is the first item in our extensive product roadmap and vision to build a home and outdoor brand that is centered around relaxation and driven by creating positive impact.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our team is in search of a talented, multi-disciplinary graphic designer to work directly with our founders to grow the Yellow Leaf brand. We are looking for a versatile designer to help lead the evolution of Yellow Leaf’s most important brand touch points, from packaging to digital presence such as website, emails and ads.
- Design and develop digital and print assets. Creative will include web design, landing pages, email campaign templates, digital banners, social/shareable assets, animations, gifs, print collateral (e.g., linesheets, catalogs, hangtags, etc.), presentation decks, page layout and UX design.
- Assist with production tasks - sourcing imagery, image retouching, asset resizing and editing, print pre-production.
- Become an expert on hammocks – develop a deep understanding of our products to be able to communicate product benefits via visual design.
- Ensure that Yellow Leaf's established look-and-fee and voice is successfully implemented across projects, helping to maintain consistency across all channels.
TO FIND SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL...
- Become a steward of the Yellow Leaf brand, forging the creative direction and translating brand vision + goals into visual design.
- Excel in an agile environment, taking in primary and secondary research to inform deliberate design decisions. You can explain your design decisions and embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process.
- You stay ahead of deadlines, be up-to-date on trends and eager to push the bar of excellence higher than all industry standards.
- Balance direct feedback with your own expertise to create work that meets marketing goals while maintaining an elevated brand aesthetic.
- Adapt and take-on unexpected projects and/or edits.
- Take ownership of all online and offline design initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO YELLOW LEAF HAMMOCKS
- Capable of designing across a wide range of mediums, including digital, print, and environmental/physical
- Have an eye for color, typography, icons, use of space, and visual hierarchy
- A master of craft, composition, and imagery
- Experienced within a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, able to work independently in both leadership and executional capacity
- Highly organized, deadline driven, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Mastery in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Prior experience at a DTC brand or creative agency in a similar role
- Hands on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Proficiency in photo editing, color correction, and image manipulation
- Strong detail orientation and commitment to seeing a project through from beginning to end
- A portfolio (be prepared to discuss the process of your work, giving a clear indication of your specific responsibilities, and output in each)
- A sense of humor, positive attitude and ability to go with the flow
- Copywriting skills (huge plus)
- Video editing skills (huge plus)
- LA based (not required, but we look forward to having our team back together in person one day soon)
- Experience art directing, planning, and producing content
- Motion graphics experience
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Asana
WHAT YELLOW LEAF OFFERS
- An opportunity to join a company at the ground floor - build a brand and make an impact!
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Flexible paid time off (we believe work is just one part of living fulfilling lives)
- Hammocks and other product perks!
- Company retreats, outings (when we can again!)