Develop program curriculum and design and build courses with faculty subject matter experts. This position will coordinate with faculty members, project managers, pastors, school and church leadership, and academic leaders to create and develop online courses and programs.
Support online course and program development initiatives, including curriculum development for a variety of technologies.
• Collaborate with and support faculty with novice, intermediate, and advanced skill sets to improve student learning using instructional design principles.
• Apply instructional design principles (critical pedagogy) during the creation and maintenance of online courses.
• Provide recommendations to faculty, Pastors and leadership for sequencing instruction, use of materials and assessments, and implementation of multimedia elements.
• Assist in the assessment of teaching and learning challenges and provide tools, resources, and training to the faculty that will help address these challenges.
• Prepare and design course materials and templates for online courses.
• Provide ongoing instructional design and technical expertise in the development of web-based projects and online learning opportunities.
• Support the design and development of curricula that utilize a variety of technology enhanced learning modalities.
• Utilize project management tactics to move projects to completion and accomplish stated goals.
• Stay current with emerging trends and technologies in instructional design and fields related to higher education.
• Work closely with other BSSM staff to ensure the success of projects and alignment with Schools technologies.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned or requested
A bachelor’s degree, master's degree preferred, in Curriculum and/or Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with learning environments, research and/or training, curriculum and instructional design, preferably at the university level or equivalent combination in lieu of education.
• Desire to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation and policy changes.
• Extensive knowledge and experience promoting effective use of learning management systems and Web 2.0 technologies in higher education.
• Technical skills requirements include a working knowledge of web and media design concepts.
• Experience in content authoring tools, software development, and graphic or usability design.
• Exemplary communication skills.
• Strong skills in building and maintaining stable working relationships with faculty and staff.
• Strong skills in facilitation, training, teaching, negotiation, and consulting within an academic environment.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with ITS staff and develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to multi-task and work as an effective member of a team.
• Highly developed organizational skills.
• General knowledge of hardware, network, computer lab configuration, and other basic information technology services.
• Must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and constituencies.
OUR MISSIONBethel's mission is revival – the personal, regional and global expansion of God's Kingdom through His manifest presence.About BethelBethel is a congregation rooted in the love of God an...