Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The preferred location for this position is France however applicants from Germany, Italy, UK and Spain may also be considered.
In this role you will provide professional support for our field sales teams through our European distribution center, as well as customers across the globe, by utilizing a broad knowledge of Shockwave Medical products, services, and policies. Other objectives include process streamlining and development, special projects to expand our international coverage, and global team development. As needed, the ideal candidate will also provide support and insight to other international markets including Australia and Latin America. You will be working hand-in-hand with the CS Director to provide a comprehensive and positive experience for Shockwave customers and the Shockwave sales team.
High Level Responsibilities
Execute Customer Service plans focused primarily on Europe, and will include work in Shockwave’s other international markets outside of the USA and Japan.
- Provide leadership to US based teams on customer service strategy, including product launches and new country entry plans.
- Owner of relationship with third party logistics provider in Europe, first point of escalation for questions.
- Ensures successful processing of sales orders and work with customers in the event of issues or discrepancies.
- Manage and audit inventory deployed to the field in trunk stock and on customers’ shelves.
- Participate in ‘go direct’ cross disciplinary project teams as Shockwave converts countries from distributor to direct selling models. Ensure ordering is seamless during transition by careful and detailed planning around customer master data list preparation, invoicing and testing.
- Tender leadership - establishes systems and processes to ensure that Shockwave is aware of upcoming tenders and makes on time submissions. Builds repository for key information needed for tenders.
- Optimizes inventory management in close collaboration with Global Supply Chain Director and international commercial teams.
- Ensures compliance with quality standards:
- Reviews all product shipments from the USA to Europe to ensure compliance with EUMDR process. Sends to Sr Director, International for sign off.
- Translates complaints from French to English and submits to US complaints department.
- Work cross-functionally with the finance, sales, marketing, quality, and operations teams as needed on projects relevant to the success of Shockwave customers
- Ensure timely payments on outstanding invoices working in close collaboration with accounts receivables, sales and distributor management teams.
- Delivers accurate and timely sales & service reports to the organization on a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence.
- Maintains complete and accurate customer data across systems
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, management, life sciences or equivalent
- 5+ years management experience in the Customer Service area internationally
- Prior experience managing outside consultants, third-party logistics, and distributor relationships.
- Successfully worked with a US counterpart in achieving desired success outcomes
- Speaks/writes/reads English and French (additional languages are an advantage)
- People management experience preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, QAD experience a plus
- Fully understands financial and non-financial objectives of the international business strategic plan
- Has managed tender processes at country or European levels.
- Strategic: able to define short- and long-term vision
- Self-Reliant: works independently with a low need for supervision/direction and support
- Integrity: places high value on being consistently honest, trustworthy, and ethical
- Results Oriented: has a bias toward action, finishing tasks, achieving goals in a decisive manner.
- Organized: ability to set realistic goals, priorities, and work strategies, with follow through
- People Orientated: strong communicator with a high concern for relationships.
- Flexible: adjusts quickly and easily to new situations and change
- Service Orientated: Strong desire to meets people’s needs and be helpful towards them.
: strong and confident leadership skills with ability to present clearly and effectively
Shockwave Medical believes that our offers are competitive depending on the market in which we operate. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is fast growing and working alongside a motivated and dedicated team of professionals in our industry.