How often do you get to work on a brand with a USP that is actually unique and has a direct impact on people’s lives and confidence? Or get a chance to redefine a pioneering skincare brand and shake up one of the most visually aesthetic categories?
If you’re a creative leader this is your perfect visual playground!
We’re Dermatica, a direct-to-consumer personalised skincare service that helps everyone get more effective skincare designed just for them and part of the HeliosX group
HeliosX is a group of healthtech startups, with fast-growing operations in the UK and USA. We’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of healthcare and skincare for all – with a market-disrupting combination of technology, science and excellent clinical care.
Along with Dermatica you’ll be working on e-pharmacy brands MedExpress (ZipHealth in the USA).
We're looking for an experienced Creative Director (part time, 2-3 days per week) to lead and expand our in-house design team. You will be a custodian of the brand’s visual world across marketing and other consumer facing channels, working closely with our teams to ensure top-quality design delivery.
- Lead, inspire and direct a multi disciplinary design team of designers, animators, film makers and illustrators
- Evolve, enhance and consolidate the brand guidelines
- Lead the conceptualisation, art direction and design of beautiful, memorable, cliche breaking marketing campaigns (mainly for digital and social) that convert
- Help develop the overall creative strategy for ads
- Create design themes for CRM, landing pages and social media
- Lead the production of brand visual assets – from ideas to execution
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and external experts towards a common business goal
- Lead the entire design process and ensure the brand is consistent across all touch points
- Be a custodian, take full ownership of the creation and execution of the brand’s visual strategy and designs
- An aspirational creative leader who is a strategic and visual thinker
- Experience as a Creative/Design Director in managing and inspiring high-performance teams – to create their best work and achieve common business goals
- A keen interest in consumers, how they think and react
- A desire to grow a disruptive brand that wins both creatively and commercially
- Around 10+ years experience in agencies or in-house (startup, DTC, ecommerce experience would be good)
- Experience of creating social and digital marketing campaigns that helped businesses scale
- Experience creating direct response ads that convert
- Proficiency across all content types – video, digital and print
- Equally comfortable at leading and being hands on
- Portfolio of work with examples across various touch points – readily available
- A can-do-more approach, a passion to make an impact and exceed your goals.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility and driving continuous improvement.
- Open minded, collaborative mindset and a test-and-learn approach
- Excellent verbal communication, can succinctly explain creative ideas to everyone in the business
- Flexible, proactive and self-starter approach. Feel comfortable being thrown into an ambiguous environment.
- Innovative and ambitious, always staying up to date with the latest digital and consumers trends and best practices