Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The primary function of this role will be to drive incremental business growth through the development and management of corporate relationships with GPO’s, IDN’s and large strategic accounts.
- Developing, managing and growing partnerships with assigned IDNs.
- Developing and implementing short- and long-term strategic plans based on key customer initiatives.
- Manage successful implementation of contracts and agreements with assigned accounts that lead to growth in sales volumes and additional partnership opportunities.
- Serve as liaison to marketing, sales and other functions to create market expansion/entry support programs that are to be executed by commercial teams post contract changes to maximize revenue and share penetration in IDNs at the account level.
- Develop IDN revenue forecasts based on current and expected future contract status
- Maintain pricing discipline in alignment with corporate strategy
- Roll out contracts within a sales team
- To work collaboratively with the VP of Sales, sales leadership, contracts department and other cross-functional partners within Shockwave
- Quarterly business reviews with both external customers and internal SWAV partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in Corporate Accounts is required
- Minimum of 10 years of top performance in medical device sales, sales management experience preferred
- Must be proficient with complex contracting mechanisms
- Excellent presentation skills specifically for executive and department leadership audiences.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal required.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Ability to manage negotiations for large, complex, system wide standardization agreements.
- Current valid Driver's License
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Experience with the RFP process
- The ability to travel extensively across the United States (greater than 50% of the time); ideal candidate will be located in Western U.S. near a major airport (LA, SF, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Chicago)
Shockwave Medical offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision) as well as pet insurance and student loan refinancing support.