Do you want to be part of building a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company together with a team of highly skilled colleagues who are passionate about developing best-in-class therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs? Then Ascendis Pharma is committed to supporting your professional development on our journey.
Ascendis Pharma is looking to hire an experienced Director, Medical Outcomes Science Lead to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative company!
The Medical Outcomes Science Lead (MOSL) is a disease state, clinical, health economics and outcomes research, and healthcare reimbursement expert. He/she is responsible for engaging in activities that result in professional working relationships with market access decision makers. Further, the MOSL supports the entire Ascendis Pharma product and pipeline portfolio across all stages of clinical development. This is accomplished by providing information exchange covering clinical science, health outcomes, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Ascendis Pharma’s ethical standards.
Healthcare Organization (Payers, PBMs, IDNs, employers) Relationship Management:
- Through appropriate scientific exchange, builds and maintains professional relationships with external stakeholders to expand Ascendis Pharma’s research, advisory and educational partnership opportunities
- Ensures high standard of professionalism to develop and maintain “peer-to-peer” scientific relationships with key thought leaders affiliated with Healthcare Organizations (HCOs) to include but not be limited to regionally and nationally based payers, PBMs, specialty pharmacies, group purchasing organizations, biologic distributors and integrated delivery networks per strategic account plans.
- Serve as a clinical, scientific and economic Subject Matter Expert to support interactions between HCOs and Ascendis Pharma medical affairs
- Facilitate 1:1 and group scientific interactions with healthcare professionals who work for HCOs
- Participate in payer account planning with Market Access team
- Maintain account plans and update medical customer relationship management system in a timely, accurate and compliant manner
- Maintain awareness of and access to internal and external information sources available to support high-quality scientific exchange, and coordinate high-quality interactions between these resources and external customers
- Further develop and maintain account responsibilities as assigned
Effective and Compliant Dissemination of Data:
- Respond within defined timeline and quality standards to unsolicited inquiries from HCOs and other stakeholders received by GMA and referred to GMA by other Ascendis Pharma functions; forwards reports of adverse events according to policy
- Support development of appropriate responses to unique inquiries as required, such as the presentation of scientific evidence and medical education
- Present clinical, pharmacoeconomic and disease state information to a variety of audiences, including payers, specialty pharmacies, case managers and other key decision makers (KDMs) and clinical and subject matter experts (SMEs) at relevant institutions
- Ensure appropriate scientific exchange with HCOs by fostering fair and balanced medical and scientific communications that are not misleading
- Serve as scientific resource at key medical, scientific, and other managed care-related conferences as assigned
- Conduct therapeutic and pharmacoeconomic training for Market Access and Medical colleagues upon request
Contributes to Ascendis Pharma’s Medical Strategy:
- Communicate key medical insights and market drivers from Market Access channels to inform refinement of medical strategy
- Gain customer insights, opinions and feedback and engage with internal colleagues to connect business opportunities with internal resources
- Provide scientific input and participate on strategic HEOR planning teams and cross-functional Market Access initiatives
- Conduct discussions with external investigators to identify and evaluate outcomes research concepts and initiates and manages collaborative external and/or internal projects upon approval
- Under the guidance of Director or Strategic Evidence Generation & Exchange, provides scientific support for company sponsored meetings
- Participates on internal project teams in alignment with management. Opportunities for project team participation will be determined based on performance, developmental focus and level (e.g., Sr, Principal).
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent) is required
- Has an established track record of effective oral presentations within the healthcare profession
- Demonstrated outcomes research experience or substantive managed care experience is required (8 years minimum)
- MOSL level will be recognized based on merit and years of experience:
- Associate Director – minimum 4 years of experience with increasing levels of successful responsibility, typically with mid-size payers/PBMs
- Regional Director – minimum 8 years of experience with increasing levels of successful responsibility, typically with mid to large size regional payers/PBMs
- National Director – minimum 12 years of experience with increasing levels of successful responsibility, typically with large regional and national payers/PBMs
- Able to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and virtual teams
- Capable of building relationships and focused on identifying and responsibly advancing opportunities for scientific exchange within focus disease areas
- Ability to partner and collaborate appropriately with R&D, Commercial and other internal functions
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with a positive approach to problems, even in the face of adversity
- Highly motivated and self-directed with ability to think innovatively & strategically, skillfully plan, manage and prioritize multiple projects independently; demonstrates resilience and flexibility
- Has current knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations
- Able to appropriately identify, assess, and develop relationships with external customers
- Individual activity plan development overseen by Director of SEGE
- Understands value of Ascendis Pharma’s Market Access Customers and Internal stakeholder relationships
- Frequent travel is required. Availability to travel approximately 50–75% of the time
- Must be fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills. Must understand and effectively communicate scientific/medical information to different audiences within the medical community
- Must live near major airport hub within geography
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and must possess and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to comply with vendor credentialing requirements imposed by institutions within the assigned geographies.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance
San Francisco and Los Angeles applicants: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance or the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (as applicable).