Last year, online marketplaces grew at more than twice the rate of digital commerce overall. Why? Because online marketplaces offer customers a better experience, and a deeper and wider assortment by bringing together third-party sellers through a single site.
Mirakl’s mission is simple. We help our clients seize this opportunity by providing the unrivalled expertise, technology, and partner ecosystem that B2B and B2C organizations need to launch and grow their own online marketplaces. Mirakl’s latest $300M fundraising values Mirakl at $1.5B, and places it among the most dynamic players in eCommerce, globally. With this funding, Mirakl will hire 1,000 passionate new Mirakl workers over the next 3 years.
As Mirakl continues to grow, we’re committed to staying true to our core values: get things done, go above & beyond, succeed through expertise, work hard together, and satisfy & empower clients.
Who is Mirakl:
- The industry’s first and most advanced enterprise marketplace SaaS platform, at the heart of digital transformation, for the world's most forward-thinking organizations
- A hypergrowth company with a global presence, and 500+ employees in 12 countries with offices in Paris, Boston, London, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, Bordeaux, Sydney and São Paulo
- Enabling over 300 of the world’s leading companies including ABB, Astore by AccorHotels, Best Buy Canada, Carrefour, Catch Group, Changi Airport, Darty, The Kroger Co., Leroy Merlin, Maisons Du Monde, Metro, and Toyota Material Handling with the speed, scale and agility to win in the changing eCommerce landscape.
To support this rapid adoption of the marketplace model, and take an active part in our growth, Mirakl is looking for a Director of Product to join our team.
What you will do at Mirakl:
- Subject Matter expert for assigned product domains; include presenting to executive audiences
- Define and collaborate on product strategy for products within the Mirakl Marketplace and Services domain, inclusive of definition of market driven product capabilities, market review, and technology review, financial due diligence culminating in a short, medium and long-term roadmap.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative market research in order to demonstrate a deep understanding of Marketplaces business, customer & partner needs; leverage this knowledge to justify & prioritize your product roadmap with executive leadership
- Collaborate with Mirakl partner organization and assist in identification and management of external Technology Partners whose technology may form foundation of the Mirakl Marketplace Solutions product
- Craft high quality user stories inclusive of robust acceptance criteria
- Develop and prioritize Product Roadmap
- Engage and lead cross functional teams across multiple time-zones as necessary
- Collaborate with technology & solution partners
- Work with product development in an Agile or Lean environment
What Mirakl is looking for in a Candidate:
- At least 6 years of experience in e-commerce product management, including prior experience working with Marketplace pre- and post-sales business functions such as PayOuts and PayIns, Tax, Checkout, Order Management, Shipping/Fulfilment and other related areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or equivalent field; or 10+ years of professional field experience
- Previous delivery of multiple successful products to market; experience executing product Go-to-Market plans including internal enablement of sales, marketing & support teams
- Experience with market research & customer interviewing techniques
- Strong stakeholder management & cross organization negotiation skills
- Ability to share a compelling narrative about their product: what problem it solves, for whom, how and why solving this problem matters in the first place
- Creative problem solver, analytic thinker, and quick learner. Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills; ability to work with considerable ambiguity and un-assisted
- Results-motivated self-starter; relentlessly resourceful and scrappy
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment and adapt to evolving business initiatives
- Tremendous attention to detail; process-oriented & organized
- Strong communication skills with ability to speak in the appropriate voice upwards and downwards
- Technical understanding of web application architecture is highly desired
- Hands-on experience with web application development and web API technologies and systems (such as Java, Spring, GraphQL, REST, etc.) is highly desired