Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The Director of Professional Education is a critical, high-visibility customer facing role within Shockwave Medical (SWAV) with the intention of developing and executing medical education and physician relations activities. The position has global responsibility across all lines of therapy and reports to the VP of Marketing & Reimbursement.
The incumbent will lead a growing effort to educate and train health care professional on SWAV therapies. He/She must be skilled at the appropriate coaching of physicians in the development and delivery of scientific communications, especially podium presentations. This individual is core to physician relationship management at SWAV and will develop and maintain productive relationships with many Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
Essential Job Functions
- Development, planning and execution of SWAV managed HCP programs, including identification of educational needs, and development programs and formats that meet customer and business needs. This role owns the professional education strategy, budget and managed direct and indirect resources involved in executing the strategy.
- Development of educational objectives and curricula / agenda for programs, including both CME and Non-CME accredited content.
- Identification and contracting of new training sites and physician speakers.
- Responsible for symposia, virtual or at conferences, including program design, content development, and physician speaker coaching.
- Facilitation, preparation of presentation materials and physician speaker coaching for podium presentations.
- Oversee operations and continued improvement of speaker’s bureau process and portal. Maintain a speaker slide deck and appropriate compliance / approvals.
- Maintain compliant educational grants process.
- Responsible for execution of events, contracting of new speakers, maintenance of compliance standards, preparation and documentation of speaker materials.
- Manage direct reports and other resources related to the execution of programs.
- Develop and maintain annual budgets.
- Maintain annual Needs Assessment Process.
RequirementsA Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study. Advanced degree preferred. 5-10 years of experience leading Professional Education in the med-tech space. Project management skills. High attention to detail and accuracy. Good prioritization and organizational skills. Excellent critical thinking skills. Excellent influencing and negotiation skills. Works effectively on cross-functional teams. Demonstrated willingness to make decisions and to take responsibility for such. Effective written, verbal and presentation skills with all levels of management and organizations. Operate in a cross-functional team and independently, with adaptability to changing requirements. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities. Ability to travel up to 50%.
Shockwave Medical offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision) as well as pet insurance and student loan refinancing support.