We’re a $70MM rapidly scaling DTC metabolic optimization company who is seeking a seasoned Email Marketing Coordinator who thrives on meticulous attention to detail and can act as a right hand for our Email Marketing Director. We’re a 100% remote, self-funded profitable team of ~150 in our 11th year, have grown 300% in the last 3 years and have a goal to become a billion-dollar brand by 2024. To continue our march forward, we need a world-class email marketing coordinator who can help facilitate the expansion of our 7-figure email department by managing the deployment of our email marketing campaigns, reporting, analytical assistance, and A/B testing setup.
The ideal candidate has at least 2 years’ experience successfully managing enterprise level ESP/CRM applications and has a strong background in email segmentation, report building, A/B split testing and expert level skills with HTML and CSS specific to email setup.
You thrive on being 100% accountable for campaign setup, delivery and revenue reporting and you are incredibly organized, solve problems quickly, are a perceptive listener, communicate clearly and get energized by diving deep into details. You’re driven to deliver on time, on budget and on spec… with a smile. You’re passionate about health and wellness, it plays a huge role in your life and you’re highly energized at the prospect of aligning your personal passion with your professional campaign management super-power.
Hello, my name is Jason Krupsky, Email Marketing Director of Metabolic Living, and I need your help. My strategic responsibilities have expanded, and I need help. We are starting to test new messaging platforms for our expanding product line and ecommerce site, so it is time to hand the daily email campaign management to an experienced go-getter ready to learn how to manage over 60MM emails a month on multiple IPS with near perfect delivery. That’s where you come in. You’ll make an immediate company-wide impact by taking over the reins of campaign management, split testing and reporting analysis, allowing me the time to mentor you, expand and execute on new platform initiatives that will become new opportunities for growth.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $50k - $65K + Bonus
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 150+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + 15 Days PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
What Will You Be Working On?
The list of strategic projects you’ll be immediately in charge of is energizing:
- Digital Campaign Management – You will deploy daily campaigns and split tests for email, eventually layering additional channels such as SMS, Web Push and Facebook Messenger campaigns. Our current monthly email volume is 60MM emails a month.
- Daily Reporting and Testing Analysis – We split-test new offers daily. After pulling the daily numbers from internal and partner reporting you will provide your analysis and suggestion to the copy and marketing team for full database roll-out. This means you will be working with large datasets and managing a growing database of smart email learnings.
- Daily IP and Domain Reputation Analysis – Every day you will dive deep into campaign metrics and delivery stats from all major ISPs including domain reputation scores, IP reputation scores and complaint analysis. All of this critically important to maintain all ISP delivery thresholds. These daily reports are invaluable and allow us to prevent delivery problems before they become serious delivery threats.
Should You Apply?
If you have proven the ability to manage a large email list with successful year-over-year growth and you have a passion for health and fitness and…
- You LOVE working with large data sets, analysis and building reports that identify marketing and revenue trends…
- You LOVE developing simple and complex split-tests that generate significant revenue gains…
- You LOVE learning new technologies and cutting-edge strategies in email delivery, SMS and Web Push
… then please read on as you’re an ideal fit and we’d love to talk to you ASAP!
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Metabolic Living’s mission is to make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. We do that by empowering people to fix their own health with our metabolism-first approach and supporting ecosystem. Our goal is to become the Apple of your metabolism. It just works.
There are 3 things that makes us different than other brands in the health and wellness space:
- Metabolism-First – After 11 years of trial-and-error with 100k+ people, we’ve found that once you optimize your metabolism, you get the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people don’t understand how to read it; once you do, it’ll tell you exactly what helps you thrive… and what acts like Kryptonite to stay away from.
- Individualized-Approach – Paleo may work great for one person’s metabolism, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyone’s different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. That’s why our approach is 100% customized to the individual – there is no perfect program to find, it must be a for that specific person and support how their unique metabolism operates. This is where so many of the one-size-fits-all solutions fail today – they don’t respect our very real individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem – It’s simply too hard to live healthy – lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. The individual is left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. So, we simplify everything with an integrated suite of products and services you need to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, then moved into exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly pulling in new pieces of the health puzzle.
Finally, we power up this 3-pronged approach with our proprietary Metabolic Optimization System (or Metabolic OS) that combines extensive practitioner wisdom and scientific research with machine learning and AI to deliver a truly customized consumer experience. Our Metabolic OS pulls everything together to deliver the true customization, true integration and true transformation everyone wants.
What’s Our Past and Future?
Our company may be a bit confusing at first, but it’s because we built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program (2012), then an exercise program (2014) and then a full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. Currently, these are all marketed separately under different DTC websites and brands in a direct response manner.
Now everything’s being centralized under our new brand, Metabolic Living, with our flagship e-comm website launching this Fall, with our app launching thereafter.
What’s Our Culture Like?
We’re serious about high-performance, so our culture is built around deep work to allow uninterrupted time for the focus needed to deliver world-class performance. At the same time, real collaboration and transparency is critical to keep us all in alignment. These aren’t just talking points – we’ve implemented specific policies, for example:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for each 30-day sprint
What Value Will You Deliver?
- Establish Accountability – By serving as the central email campaign coordinator, you’ll bring single-point accountability to campaign setup, delivery, and reporting.
- Improve Quality – By improving the accuracy of our campaign setup, reporting and timing you’ll improve the effectiveness of our campaigns to deliver more revenue.
- Accelerate Delivery – By actively prioritizing tasks and removing bottlenecks, you’ll improve the efficiency at which decisions can be made for campaign and offer optimization.
- Enterprise Level Email Management – You have at least 2+ years’ experience building and executing campaigns in email platforms such as Epsilon, Bronto, Cheetamail, Exact Target, Maropost or other enterprise grade email systems. (Bonus points if you are experienced with Maropost.)
- Data Management and Analysis – You’re an expert in Microsoft Excel with a high-level knowledge of data reporting practices including VLookups, Pivot Table and spread sheet management.
- HTML and CSS Technical Expertise– You’ve coded responsive design specific to email delivery and tailored to multiple device types.
- Up-to-Date with Current ISPs and Email Best Practices – You’ve got the battle scars from warring with the unknown and wrestling through changing ISP policies, reacting quickly and appropriately to improve IP and domain reputation.
- Advanced Segmentation and Split Testing – You’re intimately familiar with A/B split-testing and detailed segmentation testing based on list variables.
- Driven to Excellence – You’ve got an ownership mentality with a relentless inner drive to excellence that other people who aren’t built that way find disturbingly intense :-)
- Exceptional Communication Skills – You are a perceptive listener, quickly synthesize disparate elements and formulate an action plan that can be clearly articulated to others.
- Humble Growth Orientation – You listen more than talk, absorb more than dictate and are in constant “beta” mode, learning all you can, seeking out challenges to better yourself.