Silico are empowering leaders to make the best decisions by creating a platform for simulating possible futures and selecting for the best outcome. We are proud of the impact our technology is already having on critical decision-making. Here are just a few examples from current customers:
- Healthcare leaders are able to simulate demand on hospital services to better manage capacity in the face of unprecedented disruption due to the global pandemic.
- Marketing Executives are able to move beyond past data and better understand their next best moves, including identifying how to better allocate budget across channels and activities.
- Operations Directors are understanding how they can manage fluctuating demand on systems and staff, to improve customer experiences while staying on budget.
We are building the organisational brain for some of the world's largest companies, which means interfacing with analysts and data scientists as well as the C-suite. It's a huge task, which is why we're looking for problem solvers who aren't afraid to venture into the unknown.
You'll be joining a small team early on in our journey, which means opportunities for rapid professional development, as well as the chance to shape our product and culture.
What will you do?
As one of our first engineers, you'll be responsible for building out the formative features and interfaces of Silico. You'll get to work on interesting problems, providing rich user interfaces for interactive simulation and data visualisation.
- Work on a highly interactive simulation environment, giving analysts a powerful environment for describing and simulating their systems.
- Develop interactive visualisation and analysis, so that the wider organisation can query the simulations, and turn insights into actions.
- Take features all the way from inception through to production, including fundamental technological and architectural decisions.
What's the tech stack?
Our backend is built with Rust (using warp/diesel) and Hasura for GraphQL, backed by PostgreSQL. We're working towards polyglot backend services, to also enable developing e.g. TypeScript, Go and [favourite language] services.
Who are we looking for?
- People looking for unsolved problems, not just another forms application. You'll be expected to be comfortable both designing and building features, and learning on the go.
- A focus on quality, but with the pragmatism to deliver and improve later.
- Someone looking for self-direction and responsibility in equal measure, and real product impact.
- 3+ years relevant experience, preferably including some experience building interactive data visualisation or workspace applications.
- £50k-£75k compensation (dependent on candidate) with 0.5% equity as stock options.
- We're based in London, UK, but Fully Remote, with strong preference for timezones within 2 hours of the UK.
- Core equipment provided (e.g. Laptop) plus monthly stipend for remote working amenities (e.g. peripherals, desks, coffee).
- Real Product Impact. We're actively shaping the product and want you to be part of that process.
- Autonomy and Responsibility. These go hand in hand here, and you'll be able to grow into ownership of your domain.
- Flexible and Remote Working. Outside of a few sync touch points, work whenever you're most productive.
- Grow with us. By joining us at an early stage, you get to help us shape our culture and values.