We are looking for a talented and competitive FrontEnd Software Engineer that has a passion for software development and technology. You will be responsible for improving the LearnWorlds functionality and implementing new features. You should be comfortable working in a team environment and will be required to present with confidence and champion work to completion.
Our platform stack uses multiple technologies such as PHP, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Beanstalk, Redis. We are currently using Google Cloud Platform and use services such as Cloud Compute Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Firebase.
We welcome engineers from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. What matters the most is to deploy your curiosity, learning skills and your potential to grow.
- You’ll be in charge of adding new functionality to our codebase, and figure out the best way to do it, using our best practices and processes. You’ll also have to make judgment calls and be a smart decision maker, rather than a passive player waiting for the next assignment.
- You will get the chance to get involved in intriguing UI projects such as our Interactive Video Authoring tool, the Site and Page Builder, the interactive eBook and a lot more.
- You will be working closely with our designers, engineers, product management, sales and operations. Hence, you have to get along well with your colleagues and always to be ready to help get things done.
- You will participate in the whole life-cycle of the project. You’ll get involved from start to finish and will be expected to communicate project status on a daily basis to your scrum team.
- You would work with our UI/UX team to develop stunning web app modules that run on desktop and mobile.
- We have a startup mentality and love getting things done quickly. We are always very busy, so if you love being productive, proactive and pushing code to production frequently, you will feel right at home.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Knowledge of HTML5 and semantic meaning of all elements and attributes it defines
- Experience with responsive and adaptive web design
- Experience handling cross browser/platform compatibility issues
- Proficiency in using web-developer tools available in browsers
- Show attention to detail in UX
- Experience with working with RESTful API's
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles (Jest, Cypress)
- Experience with versioning systems (GIT)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Past experience with LMS system
- Past experience with building Authoring Tools
- Experience using command-line interface
- Contributions to Open Source
- Competitive compensation and bonuses.
- Private life and health insurance plan for you and your family
- Fully remote work if you prefer to work from home
- Work in one of the globally top 5 e-learning courses platform with customers in more than 100 countries
- An opportunity to grow alongside us and shape the look and feel of tomorrow's e-learning
- An entrepreneurial, international, and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy that will both challenge you and help you reach your highest potential
- Continuous training and mentoring opportunities. Access to books, resources, training, and conferences
- Culture committed to work-life balance and flexible hours for each and every employee.
- Annual company retreats (see the video of our latest retreat)