As the Moodle Developer for Aprende Institute you will be responsible for ensuring our students continued success by extending Moodle to create a unique and engaging experience for our students, academic team and operation.
You will report to our Director of Dev and work with our Director of Product, CTO, and key stakeholders on developing unique experiences within our Moodle LMS.
Ultimately, you will be an all around Moodle backend and frontend expert ready to break the boundaries of what is possible with custom Moodle plugins and configurations as we grow beyond 20,000 active students.
Our goal is to change the lives of people through turning their passions into their career, so failure is not an option! We want an extremely passionate person who is up for the challenge to help our experienced team succeed on that goal!
What you will be doing
- Designing and developing enterprise-level learning management system solutions based on Moodle/PHP
- Integrating & developing custom Moodle plugins and write scripts to automate Moodle routines and processes
- Developing unit tests to ensure code quality
- Planning and implementing API integrations with third party systems
- Determine opportunities to improve all aspects of the platform through configuration, existing plugins, and/or developing customizations.
- Acting as a liaison between our English-speaking US-based Moodle provider and our primarily Spanish-speaking teams in Mexico City and Bogota.
- Mentor Front End Web Developers
- Minimum of 4+ years professional experience with PHP
- 3+ years experience in JSON/XML data structures and Web Services (SOA)
- 3+ years experience in Database development with MySQL and other RDBMS equivalent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment, but also be able to show that when required you can work independently.
- Experience integrating custom LTI applications
- Moodle integration with Salesforce
- Fully bilingual preferred (Spanish and English) - We have US, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina based team members and vendors
- Moodle v3.8 or higher development experience