As the Full Stack Developer for Aprende Institute you will be responsible for ensuring our students continued success by developing high quality independent applications that enhance our product offerings.
You will work on making cutting-edge and creative applications that will streamline the student learning experience, which means that you will need to be confident in both your frontend and your backend development skills; the role requires you to be fluent in both backend and front-end technologies.
You will work with key stakeholders on defining, analyzing, and prioritizing key initiatives to develop custom applications, or configure existing code, to meet the goal at hand.
Our goal is to change the lives of people through turning their passion into their career, so failure is not an option! We want an extremely passionate person to help our experienced team succeed on that goal.
What you will be doing
- Collaborating with the development team and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Creating technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs
- Building the front-end of applications
- Developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications.
- Analyzing software and optimizing code to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Conceptualizing features and applications at the direction of the Product Management team
- Strong knowledge of MERN and LAMP stacks on AWS.
- 3+ years of production quality work using React and Node.js.
- Experience working with serverless technologies such as Lambda, Fargate, EC2, RDS.
- Experience working with web server technologies including Apache and NGINX.
- Fluency in software design patterns, enterprise integration patterns, and both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Experience with CI/CD/DevOps practices and technologies like Git, Gitlab/Github/Jenkins, containers, infrastructure-as-code and package managers.
- Not only be able to write excellent procedural code, but also write OOP and be fully versed on classes, objects, interfaces.
- Experience with both relational DB modeling and SQL database engines.
- Understanding of caching technologies and how they work and when they should be used.
- Debugging and code profiling experience.
- Knowledge of public API's and how to interact with them as well as how to build and manage your own.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment, but also be able to show that when required you can work independently.
Additional Experience Requested, But Not Required
- Working knowledge of Moodle LMS
- Experience in working with languages such as Java, .Net, Python, or Ruby a plus!
- Fully bilingual (Spanish and English) - We have US, Mexico, and Colombia based teams and vendors