HeliosX is a group of healthtech startups, with fast-growing operations in the UK and USA.
HeliosX is dedicated to improving the quality, accessibility and affordability of healthcare for all. We’re on a mission to transform how healthcare and skincare are delivered, and we’re doing this through a market-disrupting combination of technology, science and excellent clinical care.
At HeliosX, we’ve experienced an exceptional period of growth as our group of companies continues to expand globally at a rapid pace and we continue to disrupt the health industry. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join one of our cross-functional teams.
Our front-end stack is based on Vue.js, and we are adding Typescript as we go. The rest of our stack is Java-based and runs in AWS. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our systems and architecture to ensure what we have is reliable, performant, and flexible for future change. The team is co-operative, supportive and always looking to improve.
This role reports directly to the Head of Engineering at HeliosX Group and is offered as a fully remote working contract for candidates based in Russia
- Design, implement, and test new features, experiments, or flows across the front and the back end.
- Help us refine our marketing and conversion using instrumentation and analytics.
- Maintain and improve the codebase; recognise duplication, apply SOLID principles, and ensure that we have a solid foundation for our continued growth.
- Use best practices for unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Work as part of a cross functional team on a daily basis, with product managers, designers, and others providing input.
- Help build a great engineering culture with the software engineers across the company. You will work across our whole stack and at each step of the lifecycle with us to increase our efficiency and the quality of our codebase, tests, and processes.
- Think about the most efficient ways to accomplish our business objectives, sometimes on incomplete information or in ambiguous situations.
We operate in an agile and progressive environment and encourage innovative thinking in everything we do. Every member of our development team makes a visible difference to our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject (may consider candidates without a degree but with equivalent experience/certifications).
- Solid knowledge of Java, Spring context, JPA.
- Knowledge and skill in AWS and ideally familiarity or willingness to learn Terraform.
- Must be familiar with testing technologies and processes.
- An interest in the overlap between data, UI and product.
- Innovative and able to adapt to a progressive environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to explain complex topics to people and audiences from different backgrounds.
- Proven track record of assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results in a fast-paced online environment.
- Exceptional prioritization, and time management skills.
- Resourceful, optimistic, tenacious, confident, and full of energy.
- Self-starter, forward-thinking and agile. Comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility, and driving continuous improvement.
- Ambitious, results-driven with a bias to action. You have a can-do-more approach, a passion to make an impact and exceed your goals.
- Adaptable and flexible. Feel comfortable being thrown into a largely ambiguous environment.