Shipping is the trillion-dollar industry that people rarely talk about. It’s big, complex, cumbersome and fraught with legacy; which means it’s ripe for disruption and Zencargo are uniquely positioned to capitalise on this opportunity.
With so much innovation at either end of the supply chain, you may be surprised to learn that even the most forward thinking organisations still rely on manual processes, email and excel spreadsheets to join up the dots between supply and customer demand.
Our digital platform demystifies this, by providing a central place for teams to gain deep operational insight into their supply chain. Through visibility down to the product level, our platform will flag product delays (or surplus) early enough for business leaders to react and make informed decisions. This affords our customers a level of supply chain agility previously unavailable, and in turn delivers on our mission which is to make our customers’ supply chain their competitive advantage.
This combination of our vision, people and technology has seen us named in the Sunday times tech track 100 ‘ones to watch’ and winners of the prestigious BIFA supply chain management award.
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to Director of Procurement you will own the delivery of our European overland strategy and support with pulling data together to make long term decisions
- Propose and monitor KPIs to ensure strong performance for our customers – and work with suppliers to continuously improve performance.
- Deliver savings targets through implementation of robust sourcing events, ensuring that suppliers meet all operational requirements
- Build and manage relationships with hauliers and negotiate terms including capacity, rates, performance SLAs, payment terms, etc.
- Manage the existing overland business to deliver a profitable and competitive overland service and be responsible for overland Profit targets.
- Develop an strong understanding of the business of critical customers to aid customer retention
- Ensure effective communication with operations and customer success manager on any opportunities, challenges and alternative options for improved operations service delivery, to identify the list of critical customers and review operations performance on a daily/ weekly basis
- Leading ‘from the front’ to push the Overland service internally; undertaking presentations, workshops, coaching support, guidance and training to up skill our employee’s ability to ‘open doors’, sell and manage the Overland services.
- Own the capacity management, shipment planning and carrier invoicing processes.
- Identify and manage risk, ie: customer, process, financial, statutory.
- Support client relationship management, sales and tender management process, directly or indirectly as required.
- You can take action and appreciate the chaos--things go wrong, be proactive and find solutions
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by your line manager, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood
What you will need:
- A strategic thinker, who can demonstrate a background of using leading indicators to spot problems and can engage with the leadership team on business strategy around the global network
- Experience working within European Road Freight and developing services/relationship with new or existing partners
- A history of working closely with other teams (Sales, Customer Success and Operations) and your peers (Air, Ocean and pricing ) to build & iterate on our service offering
- Feels comfortable working in a challenging environment and will to challenge the status quo with logic or data but with a mindset that if it is broken we should fix this
- Proven background in leading improvements programmes across the different business units which have delivered costs savings or service improvement
- Ability to use data to make sure our partners are competitive and drive high service delivery through supplier relationship and performance management
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- You’re free to work however you work best, including parent-friendly and flexible working hours, and working from home days. We value output over face time.
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
Founded in 2017, there are now over 90 of us. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we welcome diverse voices and views to help us solve problems in the industry in a fresh way. Our Operational and Commercial teams are experts in logistics, freight forwarding and growing a business and our Product and Engineering team have experience in international B2B marketplaces, disruptive communication platforms, running product development agencies and financial products.
Our founding team of Alex Hersham, Jan Riethmayer and Richard Fattal have wide ranging experience in the shipping and logistics industry, financial services, machine learning and online platform business. They came together to launch Zencargo in 2017 and since then have overseen rapid growth scaling a team across Europe, working with fast-growing businesses - we work with 30% of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the UK - as well as enterprise customers.
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you.