We’re a fast-growing, VC-funded startup and we’re currently looking for an experienced leader to head our UX team and take it to the next level.
You will tackle all aspects of the design process while working with cross-functional teams. We are looking for a design leader who is able to look deeply at holistic user experiences, device ecosystems, and be able to align that to business objectives.
As the first person to hold this role, you’ll be the ‘founder’ of the UX practice inside Aprende, working side by side with our Product Management, Insights and Tech teams to build the leading vocational training platform in the Americas.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement the UX experience
- Define tools, processes and methodologies for Design and Content
- Design a strategy to build consistency across the Aprende experience for our users, encompassing marketing communications, web platform, learning platform, student communications and course content (including text, audio and video)
- Work side by side with Product Management, Insights and Teams to find opportunities, ideate solutions and implement them
- Collaborate in the definition and development of prototypes, MVPs, etc. and work on their testing and iteration
- Be an ambassador of user-centricity inside the company
- Structure, develop and grow our current team of designers and copywriters
- 7+ years of experience in UX-related fields
- 3+ years of experience in leadership positions
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience in edtech platforms is a plus
- Ownership mindset and ability to work with high levels of autonomy
- Communication skills to articulate and defend the position of the UX team in discussions at all levels of the organization
- Ability to combine user's insights and needs with business goals and strategy
- Proven experience building outstanding user-facing digital products
- Energetic and assertive character
- Excellent teamwork skills