Changing the way the world thinks about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted
The HR Business Partner provides guidance and support on a wide range of strategic and operational Human Resources issues. You will also support HR projects including M&A activity and the development and maintenance of HR policies and compliance related activities.
*** This is a remote, home based role but, post Covid, will require occasional travel to High Wycombe ***
A quick look at the role
- The HR Business Partner provides guidance and support on a wide range of strategic and operational Human Resources issues. You will also support HR projects including M&A activity and the development and maintenance of HR policies and compliance related activities
- Operate as an integral part of the supported operational or functional management team(s), taking the lead on HR matters and supporting the achievement of HR and wider objectives detailed in the Biffa Balanced Business Plan.
- Support and contribute to key strategic projects across HR from inception to implementation.
- Support the implementation of a suite of modernised HR Policies
- Advise on all employment law issues.
- Provide expert advice on all aspects of transactions including TUPE as appropriate, and plan the approach and strategy from due diligence to full integration, being the HR manager ‘on the ground’ to lead consultations (collective and individual) to achieve any business changes and ensuring effective communication and change management.
- Work with operational management develop and agree any synergy actions required as a result of acquisition including harmonisation of terms and conditions of employment and ensure accurate records are maintained to track the synergies and report on cost of change and achievement of cost savings.
- Carry out such other reasonable tasks as might be required by the Company from time to time.
- Full MCIPD or equivalent qualification.
- Over 5 years commercial HR experience in a decision-making role, including at least 4-years post qualifying experience within a trade union context / environment.
- Experience of senior business partnering, preferably up to and including Director level.
- Experience in delivering projects within a trade unionised environment, including (but not restricted to) restructure programmes, change agendas, post TUPE / acquisition activities.
- Familiarity conducting / finalising local pay negotiations & supporting national negotiations.
- Able to manage organisational change; including appropriate consultation mechanisms.
- Managing TUPE / acquisition projects; including appropriate consultation mechanisms.
- Appropriate case management at all disciplinary stages, up to and including ET’s and all associated legal activities.
- Extensive experience of individual and collective grievances, including experience of dealing with local and regional Trade Union representatives.
- Experience of developing employee engagement action plans, and a strong understanding of performance management processes, talent management processes & succession planning.
- Experienced in recruitment and selection processes, up to and including senior level.
- Learning & Development familiarity and ability to make appropriate interventions.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
This position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to build a career in a market-leading business with an outstanding reputation in the industry. In return we offer a competitive salary benefits package including bonus, company car or allowance and private health care.