BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms. Founded in 2010 by Aaron L. Gilbert and Brenda Gilbert, BRON Studios is headquartered in Vancouver, with offices in Los Angeles, New York and Toronto.
About the role
Our Film division is growing, and we are looking to add a Junior Executive to our Film, Development team. This permanent position is based in Los Angeles, but is currently remote due to COVID-19, and will report to our EVP Film.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee and document all incoming submissions
- Read scripts, pilots, treatments, pitches, books, etc., daily
- Ensure the development team is in communication about weekend reads, priority submissions, priority meetings or anything else that may need to be discussed among the group
- Prepare for weekly development meetings by producing agendas that help prioritize and aggregate topics/projects/issues in need of discussion
- Take notes while sitting in on creative meetings & pitches
- Delegate, coordinate and work with BRON’s readers, to make sure material is covered/responded to in a timely manner
- Deal with all “second reads”, i.e. material that was positively covered and requires a more in-depth look prior to potentially being passed on to development executives
- Evaluate material with pertinent notes (more than coverage) to help development executives process potential projects
- Produce comparison notes on various in-house projects with multiple drafts before or during pre-production
- Take meetings with writers/producers/managers/rights owners, both with development executives and create new opportunities to meet with filmmakers/reps to cultivate a broader contact list for self and for BRON
- Work closely with BRON’s TV department to help find, conceptualize and develop character and story arcs that have the potential to draw audiences on a regular basis in a serial format
- Work closely with the development assistant to optimize use of interns, physical office space, personnel and creative environment
- Expand knowledge continually about film and television by watching and comparing new and old productions relevant to BRON’s current or future slate – in other words, be a film lover whose education about cinema remains important, relevant and always expanding
- Perform other consistent duties as required from time to time
- Previous experience as an executive is a plus
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong creative and commercial instincts.