ABOUT THE JOB
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
We are seeking a Lead Rigger to join our Rigging Department. Whether you are looking for fixed-term employment or a freelance gig, check us out!
Role & Responsibilities
- Build, test, and maintain rigs for various types of assets (Characters, Props and Sets) under the supervision of the Line Producer and working collaboratively with Modelers and Animators.
- Deliver clean production rigs.
- Provide clean skin and deformer weighting to satisfy the production’s required articulation standard.
- Ability to work efficiently and adapt within the existing and changing workflows in Production and Pipe workflows.
- Provide additional custom deformer solutions and corrective model sculpts as required.
- Execute rigging efficiently by maintaining a fair level of scripting knowledge (Python, Mel) and understanding the rigging pipeline.
- Run body, crowd, or muscle simulations.
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues for animation under direction.
- Participate in reviews and department meetings.
- Experience as Maya rigger for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials.
- Knowledge of (Python, MEL) to understand the inside of the rigging pipeline and execute rigging efficiently.
- Experience with Mudbox, Zbrush is a plus.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Experience in assets and shotwork.
- Knowledge of anatomy, cloth and hair simulation.
- Basic knowledge/skill in other disciplines - modeling, texture, TD, animation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits
- Holiday closure between Christmas and New Year
- 7 health days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)