Mailgun is seeking a senior software developer to join our Internal Systems team. Candidate will own the technical details of the unification of internal tools while also maintaining our existing systems. This role is a combination of new development and legacy maintenance on stable systems. The ideal candidate will be passionate for writing simple and sophisticated solutions and mentor other devs to do the same. Candidate will lead the effort to adopt golang while cross training teams for php/python.
As a senior member of this team you will be responsible for designing and building performant, reliable, data driven solutions and delivering outstanding customer experiences. This Sr. Developer needs to be able to work with the team, make architectural decisions, discuss those decisions with other Sr Dev across other teams that will be consuming these services.
Ready to move into the next step of your career?
Our Engineering Team
- We adapt quickly and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software! As a developer on the team, you will build phenomenal software, and ensuring it is operating accurately once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems! Our services process billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
- Experienced developer capable of designing, developing, and improving systems that support our customer and employees
- Capable of using standard methodologies of test driven development and software development to ensure the reliability and stability our code base
- Use application monitoring, instrumentation, and user interaction metrics to help drive technical decisions around the maintenance and scaling of existing solutions.
- Clearly define and maintain technical solution design architecture and contract documentation
- Coach and mentor junior team mates
- BS in Computer Science or related area
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in technical leadership role
- Minimum 5-7 years practical software development experience in building large-scale distributed web-based applications
- Full stack experience is required
- Proficient in Go and Python. Capable of learning PHP
- Strong Experience with SQL and noSQL (Mongo, Cassandra) databases
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Experience delivering solutions in CI/CD environment
- Experience with enterprise architecture and design
- Strong understanding of AWS and GCP
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.