Mailgun is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Deliverability Suite team. This team is responsible for building and operating a set of products such as Email Validation, Inbox Placement, IP Health and Reputation Monitoring. As the most senior member of this team, you would be responsible for designing the architecture of the system and developing its critical components. Our services operate 24/7 serving up to 500,000 requests per second, so strong knowledge and passion for highly scalable and performant distributed systems is essential. If this sounds like you then let’s talk.
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our distributed services are responsible for processing billions of requests a day and have to not only scale but be highly available.
- We believe that simplicity is the key to success.
- Thought leader able to design and develop the critical services for the Deliverability Suite
- Leverage test driven development and software development best practices to ensure the reliability and stability our code base
- Use application monitoring, instrumentation, and user interaction metrics to help drive technical decisions around the maintenance and scaling of existing solutions
- Reduce technical debt through a passion for clean and simple code
- Clearly define and maintain technical solution design architecture and contract documentation
- Advocate for developer and customer experience
- Coach and mentor junior team mates
- BS in Computer Science or related area
- 5+ years practical software development experience in building large-scale distributed web-based applications
- Fluency in Go or Python
- Strong Experience with SQL and noSQL (Mongo, Cassandra) databases
- Some experience with frontend
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Experience delivering solutions through a CI/CD pipeline
- Strong understanding of AWS or GCP cloud environments
- Bonus points for experience with Machine Learning
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.