ioby is a national non-profit crowdfunding platform that mobilizes neighbors across the country to become powerful leaders who plan, fund and make positive change in their neighborhoods. We are creating a future in which our neighborhoods are shaped by the powerful good ideas of our own neighbors.
ioby seeks a Leader Support Coordinator to join our Leader Success Team. The Leader Success Team provides customer service and fundraising coaching to ioby Leaders (novice and experienced fundraisers from across the country) and helps enhance our online and offline platform to better serve ioby Leaders. The Leader Success Team works closely with the City Action Strategist Team, a team of individuals located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Detroit that implement our place-based strategy of building the fundraising capacity of residents in those cities.
As a tech nonprofit, ioby has a fast-paced environment that constantly evolves to the next level of improved service to ioby Leaders around the country. You’ll be expected to bring new ideas and strategies and bring an attitude of continuous improvement to contribute to our culture of innovation. For the right candidate, this direct customer-interfacing role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a mission-driven, community-based organization that is contributing to a broad movement of resident-led neighborhood development.
This job is remote and can be based anywhere in the U.S.. This job can be 100% work-from-home, work-from-office, or split, depending on the preference of the person in this role. In non-pandemic times the job will require occasional domestic travel for staff retreats or ioby events. Travel, in-office, or in-person work is NOT required for the remainder of 2021. ioby’s regular business hours are 9am - 6pm EST Monday through Friday, but this job will require occasional work outside regular business hours. You’ll be expected to manage your own balanced workweek based on the demands of the job. For more information about ioby, visit ioby.org.
- Provide a high level of customer service support to ioby Leaders via phone, chat, and email, to help them successfully use ioby’s crowdfunding platform as a fundraising tool for their important neighborhood work;
- Work closely with ioby’s fundraising coaches to ensure that ioby Leaders get the support they need to reach their fundraising goals;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customer service requests for the majority of ioby Leaders;
- Participate in, and assist with, team and cross-team projects to enhance ioby’s ability to effectively serve ioby Leaders.
Deliver high-quality customer service to ioby’s users (75%):
- Oversee ioby’s general inbox and phone lines, answering or returning calls or assigning items out to the team for follow up as needed;
- Answer frequently asked questions from ioby’s users about our services, and direct them to other staff or further resources on our website as appropriate;
- Provide technical assistance to ioby Leaders via phone, email, and chat to assist them with creating or editing their fundraising campaigns, managing photos or video on their page,
- Deliver customer solutions as needed, to accelerate customer’s fundraising success, satisfaction and organization conversion rates;
- Administer light website content management including minor changes to fundraising pages using basic html, text and image formatting tools;
- Troubleshoot and report website issues experienced by leaders and donors;
- Review ioby Leader draft project pages for eligibility to fundraise with ioby and publish fundraising campaigns to the website;
- Assist ioby Leaders who are ready to cash out campaigns with ioby’s disbursement process;
- Do light sales work, answering questions about ioby’s services from potential project leaders who reach out to us;
- Do regular proactive outreach to specific fundraisers that are struggling and attempt to re-engage them in our services;
- Record and track relationship management details and client activities using Salesforce CRM system, Freshdesk customer service ticketing software, and other client management tools.
- Help maintain clean data and records in our Salesforce and Freshdesk environments to support team goals.
Team participation, Cross Team Project Management, and Organizational Growth (25%):
- Help build ioby’s organizational culture by participating actively in staff meetings, team retreats, and professional development.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the quality of customer service delivery across the country;
- Continuously iterate on the Success Team’s workflow and model; work flexibly with the fundraising coaches on the Success Team to meet ioby Leader’s needs as effectively as possible;
- Support ioby’s customer service excellence by identifying opportunities to create new internal resources for staff and public resources for ioby’s users;
- Be an advocate and voice of the ioby Leader during collaboration with other teams such as product, finance, development, and match programs with the goal to improve the ioby experience;
- Stay up to date with customer service best practices and help ioby achieve a standard of customer service excellence;
- Contribute to the Success Team's quarterly strategic planning cycle to support individual, team, and organizational goals.
Candidates for this position must have the following experience:
- Experience delivering support to a diverse group of clients via phone and email with a consistent track record of client happiness, success and satisfaction;
- Experience delivering client support in a timely way, with consistent response times;
- Experience tailoring support and advice to customers with varying degrees of understanding of company’s industry, product or services;
- Experience managing customer contact, sales leads information and sales opportunities in Salesforce or other CRM system;
- Experience delivering technical or complex information clearly, in both verbal and written forms;
- Experience identifying and resolving customer concerns and critical customer needs, as appropriate, with a high level of patience, empathy, tact, and autonomy;
- Experience expertly prioritizing and managing a high volume of client requests at any given time.
An exceptional candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience with grassroots fundraising and online crowdfunding;
- Experience working with or as part of a sales team or sales process to meet organizational sales and retention goals, preferably in a service environment;
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector;
- Experience with basic website content management, including working knowledge of formatting tools for text and images;
- Experience working in Freshdesk or other similar customer support and ticketing system;
- Experience providing remote technical support to people with limited computer skills.
Candidates for this position must have the following characteristics:
- At least 2 years of professional experience, ideally in customer service, client support, or account management work;
- Strong organizational skills: very good at organizing and prioritizing tasks;
- Able to quickly understand complex systems and contribute ideas to their optimization;
- Natural meticulousness and attention to detail, particularly with regard to following processes and entering data into systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to listen, and respond with courtesy, tact, and kindness;
- A genuine love of engaging strangers with patience and helpfulness;
- Very strong communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Enjoys regularly working on the phone, and is able to respond to emails quickly, effectively, and professionally;
- Able to do a certain amount of repetitive or similar work without losing accuracy and attention to detail;
- Comfortable with, and excited about, working with a high volume and diverse group of customers;
- Ability to think on your feet;
- Curiousness, genuine interest in using tech tools to enhance work effectiveness; willingness to learn and excel in the use of new software and online tools;
- Ability and willingness to navigate frequent workflow changes;
- Comfort in juggling competing priorities; meeting deadlines; mindful to promptly resolve time-sensitive requests; self-starter;
- Proficiency in math; comfortable with light accounting;
- Team player;
- Enjoys working as part of a distributed staff;
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office and Google Drive products.
An exceptional candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Passionate about grassroots fundraising;
- A basic understanding of and interest in neighborhoods, community development, urban planning, and civic technology;
- Experience working in organizations with a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion framework;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish);
- Experience with Slack, Asana, Freshdesk, and/or Salesforce.
This is a full-time, Grade 1 salaried position in the $32,000-$47,000 range, commensurate with experience, and commensurate with cost of living in the area the applicant lives in. The position includes a generous benefit package (including full coverage for health, eye and dental, a minimum of 27 PTO days in addition to holidays, the possibility of employer-matched 401k contribution, and an attractive "Whole Person" policy). There is potential for this job to have flexible hours including minimal weekend hours, depending on the preferences of the person in the role; those seeking non-traditional work schedules are encouraged to apply.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter at https://apply.workable.com/ioby by August 2, 2021. No calls please.
ioby's Non Discrimination Policy:
ioby is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ioby’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQIA persons are always strongly encouraged to apply.