Do you have a passion to raise funds for Kingdom impact? Are you able to thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you able to cultivate relationships? If so, Bethel is looking for a major gift officer like you! As a member of this team, you will be dedicated to supporting the national and international fundraising efforts of Bethel Church of Redding, California by providing relational oversight of major donors and prospective major donors in an assigned portfolio. This position is funded by Bethel will be a key member of the Bethel team. You will provide sound stewardship and direction to donors as you guide them to support the mission and vision of Bethel and the Arise & Build Capital Campaign.
To support the fundraising efforts of Bethel’s Arise & Build Capital Campaign by providing oversight of donors in an assigned major gift portfolio, while developing and cultivating relationships and soliciting funds to advance the mission.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand, embrace, and integrate the Bethel philosophy and underlying theology of fundraising into your approach to donor relations.
- Provide sound stewardship and direction to donors as you guide them to support the mission and vision of the ministry on an ongoing annual basis.
- Execute processes and procedures to streamline organizational actions and resources with an assigned portfolio for proper donor engagement.
- Coordinate face-to-face appointments with donors throughout an assigned territory, as well as personal travel arrangements, to conduct business on a weekly basis.
- Oversee and execute the production, maintenance, and updating of weekly and monthly major gift reports for assigned donors within an assigned portfolio.
- Oversee and implement the necessary daily data entry into a CRM for proper donor management tracking.
- Align daily job duties and practices to adhere to and achieve annual goals and objectives outlined by the Director of Advancement at Bethel and the Chief Strategist for Donor Advancement at Dunham+Company.
- Work with the Chief Strategist for Donor Advancement at Dunham+Company to ensure the requests of Bethel donors are handled in an efficient manner.
- Lead or oversee fundraising events as assigned by the Chief Strategist for Donor Advancement at Dunham+Company.
- Liaison with assigned Bethel staff and third-party partners as directed and required to effectively complete projects.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Is a born again believer of Jesus Christ and maintains faithful fellowship with other believers (Hebrews 10:25); maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Bethel; exhibits integrity in professional and personal life; adheres to Bethel’s Code of Honor and Core Values; upholds Bethel’s ministry in prayer.
- College graduate.
- A track-record of excellent people skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels through face-to-face, written, phone calls, email, text, social media, and other channels as necessary.
- Strong communication skills—both verbal and written.
- Weekly travel required.
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience (preferred), or revenue generating experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Experience with implementing new ideas and strategies.
- Proactive self-starter driven by the mission and vision of the ministry.
- Fosters a spirit of unity and teamwork, pursues integrity, and is service and servant-minded.
- Passionate about assisting Christian organizations fulfill their vision.
Erik Rogers, Chief Strategist for Donor Advancement at Dunham+Company
Who is Dunham+Company
Dunham+Company is a multinational Christian organization that provides strategic planning, marketing, fundraising, communications, media, and advertising support globally for Christian media ministries, cause-based ministries, radio and TV stations, and churches.
- Employment with a purpose
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- IRA match