Mailgun is growing and looking for a Manager to join one of our newly formed engineering teams! We are responsible for building and operating one of our high performance, large scale message sending products. As the leader of this team, you would be responsible for the direct management of a group of software engineers, strategic product planning, managing operational challenges at scale, and quality of the software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring top-notch engineers is always a key focus.
- Support the career growth for a team of Software Developers.
- Work closely with our Product Managers to define the product roadmap.
- Develop, monitor and track SLOs for the deliverability services.
- Help field and troubleshoot issues coming from support staff, other engineering teams, and our automated monitoring systems.
- Work with other engineering leaders to grow our engineering organization and culture.
- Hire and grow your team.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Excellence in communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fundamental knowledge about system design and software architecture.
- Passion and conviction and the innate ability to inspire others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Experienced using the following technologies for solution engineering: Golang, Python, Cassandra, Mongo, ELK Stack, React/Node
- Able to help create/drive development and objective solution performance metrics against OKR’s
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.