At Mailgun, we strive to develop highly scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability, reliability and performance. We are looking for candidates with strong technical skills who thrive on satisfying our customer needs and having a passion for creating exceptional user experiences. Our team is seeking a seasoned manager to join our agile projects team.
This leader will manage a software team focused on a wide variety of critical internal facing applications using modern and legacy web technologies. This is a hands-on position requiring close interaction with senior management to understand the software requirements, development tasks as well as with quality assurance to ensure those requirements are met. The Manager of Software Development is highly proficient in the discipline of software development, project management, and team development.
- Manage multiple small globally distributed agile software teams
- Own end-to-end responsibility of hiring, developing talent, performance management, and planning work assignments.
- Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance
- Work with and guide team to develop modern, scalable, distributed applications using a variety of tools and technologies
- Design and build new features using software best practices
- Unify disparate products and services into a coherent user experience
- Collaborate with other software managers, software developers, product managers, user experience designers, and operations engineers daily
- Contribute to and lead team dialogue on approaches and standards
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Minimum 5 years practical software development experience in managing large-scale web-based application teams
- Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fluid, ever changing environment. Proactive in approach with a focus on driving results and outcomes with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture and web services development
- Experience with application architecture, system integration, concurrency, optimization, etc.
- Drive innovation and customer advocacy.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Able to help create/drive development and objective solution performance metrics against OKR’s
- Experienced leveraging the following technologies for solution engineering
- ELK Stack
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.