This position is for self-employed contract (freelance/consultant) work only. All work is coordinated remotely.
Please note this opportunity is for contract/per project work in the Dominican Republic (we would contact you when a project is available and fits your background, send you an offer to work in that specific project for a given period of time - approx. 2-4 weeks per project - and pay you after you complete all required deliverables).
In the Americas, Euromonitor International has offices in Chicago, Sao Paulo and Santiago de Chile, so we rely on our freelance local contributors to help us carry out research locally - working remotely with our Project Managers, once assigned to a specific project. Our research addresses the following types of questions in order to deliver insightful business intelligence:
- How much fruit juice was sold in this region this year? Why did sales increase/decline over the previous year? What companies are the leading players? What share of sales is held by the leading brands?
- Is there a market for this product in X country? What channels could it be sold through? How should the product be positioned to maximize its potential?
- Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
Main Tasks Required
- Desk research: Reviewing and collecting information from secondary sources
- Storechecks: Visiting retail stores and points of sales to record product information
- Trade interviews: Conducting face to face or phone interviews with different key players of the value chain: manufacturers, suppliers, distributors. Networking to acquire long-term contacts is key
- Data building: Collecting and manipulating large data sets in order to build market sizes, brand participation, etc.
- Analysis: Analysing quantitative and qualitative data / information - Hypothesis testing
- Report writing/production work: Generating MS-Word and PowerPoint reports in English and/or Spanish
Success relies on researchers proactivity to secure interviews with the right contacts and the ability to uncover key data and insights via open discussion with those interviewees.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Located in the Dominican Republic
- Minimum availability of 30 hours per week when working in projects
- University title (4+ years), preferably in areas where strong analytical skills are required (Business, Economics, Marketing, Sociology, Anthropology, etc.).
- Previous experience if 1+ years working remotely or on a project basis
- Tenacity in the pursuit of information and a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - conducting interviews with industry players is a key part of projects
- Excellent time-management, organization and self-motivation skills
- High level of numeracy - ability to work with, analyse, and interpret data
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluency in English is highly desirable
- Continuous training in our market research methodologies
- Collaboration with international project managers across the Americas
- The ability to contribute to research projects for top multinationals in key industries such as Beauty and Personal Care, Packaged Foods, Consumer Health, etc.
- The opportunity to develop and position yourself as a local market research expert
- Flexible remote work
- Comprehensive compensation