This position is for self-employed contract work only. All work is coordinated remotely. Market research, interview experience and fluency in English are key.
Euromonitor International is looking for a professional with a business background to support the fieldwork of our market research projects in Qatar. You will be
- Engaged on short-term ad-hoc projects (approx. 4-6 weeks per project).
- Supported on each by a project manager in one of our EMEAI offices.
- Eligible to work in Qatar(no visa sponsorship)
This role will suit a self-starting and independent individual, who is looking for the flexibility of working from home. Experience within the FMCG/consumer service sectors is ideal.
As part of Euromonitor’s core methodology, our analysts gather relevant information from in-depth conversations with key industry decision makers. Success relies on researchers’ proactivity to recruit and secure interviews with the right contacts, and their ability to uncover key data and insights via open discussions.
Being ad hoc, our projects can address different types of questions to deliver insightful business intelligence. Examples of this include:
- How much dairy was sold in the Qatar 2018? Why did sales increase/decline over the previous year?
- What companies are the leading players in the consumer finance market? What share of sales is held by the leading brands?
- What are the ideal channels for meal kits in Qatar?
- Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
- Conducting interviews with key players along the value chain: manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, associations, government, etc.
- Researching contacts / networking to establish links in the industry.
- Reviewing and collecting information from secondary sources.
- Visiting retail stores to gather product information and speak to staff.
- Analyzing quantitative (MS-Excel) and qualitative information.
- Hypothesis testing.
- Generating MS-Word and PowerPoint reports in English.
- Availability of min. 30 hours per week when actively engaged on a project
- Tenacity in the pursuit of information and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to find strong industry contacts.
- High level of numeracy - Ability to work with, analyse, and interpret data.
- Fluency in English and the local language.
- Previous experience working on a short-term contract basis or in a freelance capacity.
- Excellent time-management, organization and self-motivation skills.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Qatar (no visa sponsorship).
- Continuous training in our market research methodologies via online courses and selected live training sessions.
- Collaboration with an international team across EMEA and beyond.
- The ability to contribute to research projects for top multinationals.
- The opportunity to develop and position yourself as a local market research expert.
- Flexible hours from the comfort of your home
Please attach a copy of your current CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and why you feel you are suited to the position. Please give an indication of your salary expectations.