As the Moodle Administrator for Aprende.com you will be responsible for ensuring our students continued success by enabling our organization to use all of the features and capabilities available within and outside of Moodle. Ultimately, you should be an all around Moodle expert ready to break the boundaries of what is possible.
Our goal is to change the lives of people through turning their passion into their career, so failure is not an option! We want an extremely passionate person to help our experienced team succeed on that goal.
What you will be doing
- You will report into our Associate Technical Product Manager (LMS)
- Building new Moodle courses and configuring the course format for each
- Work with Instructional Designers to confirm course specifications and resolve gaps
- Administer each type of activity, resource, and topic in the courses and manage their settings
- Configure, administer, maintain, update and document the Moodle LMS environment
- Support, communicate (ie. send student and organization updates) and oversee ongoing changes to the Moodle platform and work with our students, tutors and professors.
- Determine opportunities to improve all aspects of the platform through configuration
- Provide as needed support to Management, Tutors, Professors and Students. Ideally you’re thinking of ways to document and either resolve ongoing issues or creating documentation to provide self service.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1.5+ years experience with LARGE Moodle implementations (5,000+ students) - You must be able to demonstrate ADVANCED level experience and confidence working with Moodle
- Strong understanding of Moodle course structures
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- You will be confident in managing a variety of demands and changing priorities and be able to meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills will come naturally to you.
- You will enjoy working in a team but also be able to show that when required you can work independently.