Mathspace is an edtech company that is rethinking how we teach and learn mathematics.
Let’s start by telling you a bit about our vision and why we exist...
We believe that every student can excel at mathematics with the right help at the right time. Our mission is to be the right help at the right time for every student.
We do this by leveraging cutting edge technology combined with outstanding pedagogy and professional training to deliver a best-in-class adaptive learning solution for Mathematics.
The students of tomorrow should not need to sit anxiety-inducing high-stakes tests at the end of the school year to show teachers what they’ve learnt. Technology can continuously assess and measure growth throughout the year. The students of tomorrow, particularly students of colour and English Language Learners, should not tell themselves they’re not ‘math people’ because they don't understand. They should get real-time support that matches their own needs, based on where they’re at.
Our product provides a compelling solution to these long-time problems with Math education.
Now let’s talk about why we need you!
We’re looking for an experienced revenue leader with a proven track record in education technology sales and experience in managing sales teams successfully… Could that leader be you?
You’ll have the opportunity to use your experience and creativity to set the course of our sales initiatives for our small but highly capable sales team. At the same time, you'll own your own region, creating and building new sales and partnerships with districts and organizations to put Mathspace in the hands of the teachers and students who need it most. The ideal candidate will either be based in Florida or able to travel there frequently as we anticipate a strong uptake of our newly built product for the new Florida curriculum to be implemented from 2022.
Where you will focus your efforts
- Leading sales team across the USA, owning personal and team revenue targets; refining sales processes, including lead generation strategies, sales models and post-sales support processes.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base, ensures a strong brand presence and engages key demographics.
- Implementation and tracking of strategic initiatives; monitoring key operational metrics and improving sales and other operational efficiencies; onboarding, training and upskilling employees and contractors.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the executive team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being aware of new products and competition status.
- Drive the full sales cycle from lead generation to close.
- Confidently and credibly present at conferences and board meetings to a range of stakeholders including superintendents, Chief Academc Officers, Mathematics teachers, business leaders
- A strong ability to prospect through the web, LinkedIn, and personal networks in education to drive new sales.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience with Education technology sales
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent sales mentoring, coaching and people management skills and management experience
- Consistent achievement of quotas that are documented and referencable, including developing and fostering positive “buying” relationships.
- Established relationships with leaders of education organizations, consultants, and industry-related professionals in K12 Education.
- Experience identifying and closing opportunities with sales cycles 5-9 months+.
- Experience advocating for students of colour and English language learners
The role may require significant travel at times as part of sales pipeline development and execution.
- Competitive salary and commissions on individual and team sales
- Equipment provided - laptop and tablet
- Flexible remote work policy with a focus on results over hours worked
- We offer a yearly stipend for training & education expenses
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of our time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community
- We will offer you 2.5 paid days per year to volunteer with the charity of your choice