A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- Users Comfortable Online: 50% of people's waking life is now spent on their smartphones. The next generation is far more comfortable online than offline.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social with Rush & Vibe!
Rush is a new bite-sized gaming service that aims to channel the competitive spirit of India where players can use their skills to Play, Compete & Win! ⚡️
Vibe is an approval-only community (one has to apply to join). With Vibe, we're building a magical & safe place online where people can be themselves & make new friends.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how can we better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: Strong prioritization with a move fast and learn attitude.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role!
We’re looking for a natural storyteller. The ideal candidate will be passionate about both content creation and distribution across different own media channels. Serving as a strategic business partner, the lead is responsible for supporting the creation, planning and implementation of content for all our owned media channels (blogs, twitter, Linkedin and others).
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Drive the direction of owned channels to deliver a customer centric omni experience and excellent business result
- Contribute, create and enable customer relevant communication through owned media including landing pages, micro sites & social media platforms
- Responsible for the content - articles, interviews, tweetstorms, blogs and video
- Reviewing & proofreading existing website and other owned media channel’s content, editing as per the guideline and creating SOPs for microsites, videos and other content requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Communications and the Marketing teams to ensure consistent and joined up internal and external communication on key themes.
- Measure the effectiveness of our own media channels and the impact on the target audience. Utilize data analytics to increase engagement rates.
- Review the content to ensure error-free communications and consistency of style, grammar and tone.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field.
- Capability in researching and developing high-quality, engaging own media content and channels.
- Ability to apply creative approaches to increasing engagement with own media channels.
- Basic understanding of tech businesses, Technical knowledge of print and online production, including layout and design principles and techniques, preferably with a tech media company.
- Must have strong communication skills, including writing, editing, presentation and interpersonal communications.
- Skilled in using a variety of communication channels including web applications (experience using Google’s suite of apps a plus), email messaging, print media, social media.
- Effective writing for varied audiences, including internal company news and professional and marketing pieces designed for employee engagement (e.g. video scripts, general documentation, news, persuasive).
- Strong knowledge of best practices for a variety of publishing and communications platforms.
- Strong knowledge of business priorities and external communication strategy to ensure messaging alignment.
- Open to remote talent
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status.
See what we are up to here https://blog.hike.in/