A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social with Rush & Vibe!
Rush is a new bite-sized gaming service that aims to channel the competitive spirit of India where players can use their skills to Play, Compete & Win! ⚡️
Vibe is an approval-only community (one has to apply to join). With Vibe, we're building a magical & safe place online where people can be themselves & make new friends.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how can we better solve for our customers.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Always be Hustling: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
As Performance Marketing Manager, you will
- Partner with marketing team for user and revenue growth
- Convert prospects / leads to users / paying customers
- Identify the right channels for product-market-channel fit and also explore new channels like paid influencers.
- Build a high confidence paid marketing plan and execute it.
- Accountable for the phasing and allocation of the paid/Performance Marketing budget
- Deliver on Paid / Performance Marketing KPIs while improving ROI
- Analyze the customer journey and identify key touch points in the customer’s interaction to optimize customer activation and retention.
- Tracking financial effectiveness of scheduled campaigns through regular reporting, including details of customer behavior, usage and spend.
- Developing Quarterly/Monthly acquisition plan for paid/free channels including Google, Facebook, Affiliates and SEO.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics
- Partner with product and revenue to build differentiated channel specific strategies.
- Build a high performance culture to set and achieve stretch goals.
- Relevant reporting to peers, stakeholders and leadership
SOUND LIKE YOU?
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role.
- 5+ years in business strategy consulting, or business growth roles.
- Prior experience in Digital Marketing for Performance
- Familiar with SQL, Tableau and other analytical tools.
- Excellent understanding of paid/free marketing channels including Google, Facebook, Affiliates and SEO.
- Understanding of Marketing Working Budget allocation and phasing
- Mission-driven and ready to make a significant impact to grow and scale business
- Prior experience of driving and championing performance marketing metrics like CPC, CPM, Cost per Conversion, CTP, Quality Score, Relevant Score etc.
- Obsessively organized, analytical, detail-oriented, and a fearless experimenter.
- Proactively identifying new opportunities, solving problems, and prioritizing efforts.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking and delivery skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working.
- Collaborative and Communicative.
- Open to remote talent
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status.
See what we are up to here blog.hike.in