ABOUT THE JOB
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
We are seeking a Pipeline TD to join our Pipeline Department.
Role & Responsibilities
- Enhance, support and extend existing in-house tools and frameworks.
- Provide technical support to end users, implementing bug fixes or suggesting solutions and workarounds.
- Develop tools in collaboration with the pipeline developers and studio coding standards.
- Create and maintain tools documentation.
- Collaborate with the Pipeline Developers to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration.
- Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication.
- Adapt quickly to new softwares, in a varying environment.
- Contribute to production technical knowledge base documentation such as workflows, known workarounds, resolution of common user mistakes.
- Participate in daily scrum and other pipeline related meetings.
- Manage the Pipeline team, and collaborate with Production and Supervisors.
- 5 years experience as a Pipeline TD
- 3-5 years professional software development experience in Python
- Strong understanding of CG pipeline (modeling, rigging, lookdev, environments, lighting/ rendering/FX)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and self sufficiency
- Experience with tooling for DCC softwares (Maya, Houdini, Nuke,...)
- Experience in Animation / VFX / Gaming industry
- Fast learner, and proactive
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience using SCM tools like Git, GitLab, Perforce, SVN
- Experience in Unreal
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum methodology and environment
- Experience with C++
- Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits
- Holiday closure between Christmas and New Year
- 7 health days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)