Do you have a passion to raise funds for Kingdom impact? Are you able to thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you able to cultivate relationships and help a donor navigate complex gifts? If so, Bethel is looking for a planned gift officer like you. As a dedicated member of this team within the major gift department, you will support the national and international fundraising efforts of Bethel Church headquartered out of Redding, California, by providing guidance and expertise to navigate complex gifts from both generous donors and some of the most sophisticated philanthropist. You will provide sound stewardship and direction to guide them to support the mission and vision of the Arise & Build Campaign, and the global movement of Bethel.
To support the fundraising efforts of Bethel and the Arise & Build Campaign by providing oversight and guidance to donors as well as other major gift officers on staff, while cultivating relationships and soliciting funds to advance the mission.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand, embrace, and integrate the Bethel philosophy and underlying theology of fundraising into your approach to donor relations.
- Provide sound stewardship and direction to donors as you lead them to support the mission and vision of the ministry on an ongoing basis.
- Identify, contact, and execute processes and procedures to streamline organizational actions and resources with an assigned portfolio for proper donor engagement.
- Coordinate face-to-face appointments with donors throughout the assigned territory, as well as personal travel arrangements, to conduct business on a weekly basis.
- Offer educational support and materials regarding all levels of planned gifts to fellow staff members, donors, and prospective donors.
- Work with legal counsel and financial counsel from both the donor’s side, as well as representatives with Bethel.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the branded planned giving program for the Arise & Build Campaign and input into the content for marketing.
- Provide stewardship of donors who have announced a commitment to planned giving and the Arise & Build Campaign.
- Oversee and execute the production, maintenance, and updating of weekly and monthly planned gift reports.
- Oversee and implement the necessary daily data entry into a CRM for proper donor management tracking.
- Align daily job duties and practices to adhere to and achieve annual goals and objectives outlined by the Director of Advancement at Bethel and the Chief Strategist for Donor Advancement at Dunham+Company.
- Work with the Chief Strategist for Donor Advancement at Dunham+Company to ensure the requests of Bethel’s donors are handled in an efficient manner.
- Lead or oversee fundraising events as assigned by the Director of Advancement at Bethel.
- Liaison with assigned Bethel staff and third-party partners as directed and required to effectively complete assignments and projects.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Is a born again believer of Jesus Christ and maintains faithful fellowship with other believers (Hebrews 10:25); maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Bethel; exhibits integrity in professional and personal life; adheres to Bethel’s Code of Honor and Core Values; upholds Bethel’s ministry in prayer.
- College graduate.
- A track record of excellent people skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels through face-to-face, written, phone calls, email, text, social media, and other channels as necessary.
- Weekly travel may be required.
- Willingness to relocate to a close proximity of Redding, CA.
- 7-10 years of fundraising experience (minimum), or financial planning experience for a major public or private firm.
- Detailed and in-depth knowledge of planned giving and its complexities, to include estate planning, tax laws, wills, trusts, etc.
- The ability to lead, work in a team setting, and work independently.
- Experience with implementing new ideas and strategies.
- Proactive self-starter that is driven by the mission and vision of the ministry.
- Fosters a spirit of unity and teamwork, pursues integrity and is service and servant-minded.
- Passionate about assisting Christian organizations in fulfilling their vision.
- Strong communication skills—both verbal and written.
Full-time Staff Benefits:
- Opportunity to work with some of the most passionate lovers of Jesus in the world!
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave, Jury Duty & Bereavement Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available
- HealthiestYou (24 hour doctor/prescription access)
- 403(b) Retirement Fund Matching
- Group Life and AD&D
- Optional Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Free Staff Lunch (twice a month)
- 20% Discount on most Items in the Bethel Bookstore
- Free premium Season Pass access to Bethel.tv
- Invitation to attend Select Conferences
Becky Dominguez, Director of Advancement at Bethel
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Beginning $65,000.