About Student Beans
Student Beans is the world's leading student loyalty network. We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market. Featuring in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2020, a list of the fastest-growing private tech companies in Britain, Student Beans consistently innovate to offer new solutions that satisfy our consumers and drive ROI for our clients.
Also accredited as a Great Place to Work in 2021, Student Beans is constantly striving to empower employees in their daily work, as well as offering flexible solutions to encourage a healthy work life balance.
In the last two years alone, Student Beans has tripled the size of its teams in London, Manchester, the US and Australia- but we’re not stopping there! We have an incredibly exciting journey ahead with our brilliant employees driving our success, and we’re looking for more talented individuals to join us.
About the role
As a result of our incredible success and growth, we are looking for a Platform Engineer to join us. Responsibilities include:
- Maintenance and administration of the platform AWS
- Creating development tools needed to run student beans, creating tools to make developers more efficient
- Streamline the running of applications to make the systems more efficient and effective
- Effective use of tooling chains
- Making sure teams have the right approach to build scalable applications
- Support the set up of team environments, source structures & tooling
- Maintain and champion documentation and remediation process
- Drive setup of non-functional requirements such as alerting, monitoring, security & performance
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have...
- 1+ years experience in platform engineering or dev-ops
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with AWS, Docker and kubernetes
- Worked with Git in a commercial environment
- Worked on Linux OS
- Used Python, Ruby or Go languages extensively
- Motivation to learn new technology and follow open-source projects
- Initiative & an eagerness to understand new concepts
- Have excellent communication & problem-solving skills
- Worked with agile methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban
Life at Student Beans
We are passionate about our mission to empower students to thrive and believe our success is only due to our fantastic team, their different backgrounds, experiences and beliefs. At Student Beans our culture is welcoming and empowering, everyone has a voice and direct impact on our journey.
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary.
- Remote first working environment, meaning you are not obligated to come into the office, you can choose the environment you think you excel best in!
- Flexi-time, including Flexi Fri-yay which gives you an opportunity to finish at 1.30pm!
- Vibrant, purposeful and social environment - famous winter parties and summer getaways, regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Focus on welfare - gym membership, wellness challenges, EAP and health cash plan
- Mental Health First Aider
- In house performance and development coaching
- Access to the ‘Student Beans Library’
- Volunteer Days. Student Beans believes in the benefit of volunteering and we believe everyone can play a role in the community!
- Incredible partnership discounts for the biggest brands in the world: Google, Apple, TopShop, Ted Baker, GymShark, Domino's, Uber … to name a few!
Check out our Careers site to see for yourself! https://about.studentbeans.com/careers
Due to the high volume of applicants we can only respond to shortlisted applicants. By submitting your application, you agree that Student Beans may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organisation planning, and related purposes. Our Applicant Privacy Notice
explains what personal information and where we may process, our purposes for processing, and the rights you can exercise over Student Beans' use of your personal information.