The role of Procurement Manager (USA) will take an organisational lead in developing and supporting the implementation of our strong commercial approach to our USA Ocean, Airfreight business & will have the opportunity to be creative with developing associated & robust processes. Hold a holistic view of current market conditions to enable proactivity with solution identification & own the resolve. The role will involve working with a wide range of internal & external stakeholders to support commercial & service quality objectives.
What you'll do
- Reporting to Director of Procurement Operations, you will assist with the delivery of our global Ocean & Airfreight strategy and support with pulling data together to make long term decisions
- Create tools for analysing market conditions, making sure our partner costs are competitive and keeping team members informed on latest developments
- Driving operational excellence through managing carrier allocations, space management, service level agreements, assisting operations with escalations, maintaining rates and service offering
- Liaise with overseas partners, offices and agents and develop strong relationships
- Support and advise on all USA / international import & export requirements
- Be the owner for the Ocean, Airfreight provider selection, on-boarding, compliance and be the intel lead for anything Ocean or Air freight related
- To support and lead special project relating to the Zencargo Ocean & Airfreight strategy which drive cost savings or service improvement for our business and customers
- You can take action and appreciate the chaos--things go wrong, be proactive and find solutions
- Be responsible for Ocean & Airfreight margin and driving improvements through working directly with the Ocean, Airfreight UK teams
- Own the capacity management, shipment planning and carrier invoicing processes across the business.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by your line manager, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood
- A values driven approach to solution and engagement with all stakeholders
- Have a Customer centric attitude
- A strategic thinker, who can demonstrate a background of using leading indicators to spot problems and can engage with the leadership team on business strategy around the global network
- Strong knowledge of the USA markets
- Experience working for a Top freight forwarder in ocean, airfreight and developing services/relationship with new or existing agents/partners
- A history of working closely with other teams (Sales, Customer Success and Operations) and your peers (Air, Ocean and Pricing ) to build & iterate on our service offering
- Feels comfortable working in a challenging environment and will to challenge the status quo with logic or data but with a mindset that if it is broken we should fix this
- Demonstrate an agility and positive mindset to enable a positive response to market changes and demands
- Proven background in leading improvements programmes across the different business units which have delivered costs savings or service improvement
- Ability to use data to make sure our partners are competitive and drive high service delivery through supplier relationship and performance management
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- You’re free to work however you work best, including parent-friendly and flexible working hours, and working from home days. We value output over face time.
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
Zencargo raised a large Series A earlier this year and the team expanded to 90 people. We're backed by some of Europe’s leading Venture capital firms, Local Globe (Transferwise, Zoopla, Citymapper), HV Holtzbrinck Ventures (Zalando, Rocket Internet), Picus Capital (founded by Alex Samwer who co-founded Rocket Internet) and Samos Investments (Betfair, Ocado, Charlotte Tilbury).
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you.More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope and intend) cultivates an environment of belonging. We open our doors to those who share these motivations.