A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At Hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social with Rush & Vibe!
Rush is a new bite-sized gaming service that aims to channel the competitive spirit of India where players can use their skills to Play, Compete & Win! ⚡️
Vibe is an approval-only community (one has to apply to join). With Vibe, we're building a magical & safe place online where people can be themselves & make new friends.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
You will be joining a high-quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to growth and success.
Key Day To Day Responsibilities
- Establish a shared vision by building alignment on priorities leading to product/ game execution
- Manage the product and game development process from conception through design (spec writing), development, release and iteration along with others in your team
- Responsible for the full product/game lifecycle, from writing specifications, working across multi-disciplinary teams: design, art, and engineering to launch core features within our existing and new games
- Leverage user research, usability studies, market research, experiments and data analysis and translate them into requirements that solve real problems for a large set of users
- Writing impact analysis, outlining, PRD, edge cases and other required specifications to provide clarity to other stakeholders
- Formulate product/ game strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
- Lead and support initiatives to drive user feedback & research, acting as a ‘voice of the customer’
- Ensure that product decisions are based on strong logical rigour and in-depth analysis, and value data over opinions
- Expected to develop a deep understanding of our users: their problems, their needs, their desires. Build user personas using this understanding
SOUND LIKE YOU?
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role (Open to remote talent)
- 4+ years experience in delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with stellar design taste and product instincts.
- Experience in working with game products would be a plus
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent and have hands-on software engineering experience
- Focus on outcomes with shown experience making product teams successful
- Ability to break down complex problems, identify use cases and solutions that can be reused across multiple areas
- Self-starter who thinks creatively and laterally to create a product that is central to the success of the business
- Experience with developing mobile products, technologies and platforms are strongly desired
- Used A/B testing and/or similar methodologies to conduct experiments to validate hypotheses
- Experience in handling 2-3 large features/products in different stages of development
- Exceptional data analysis skills with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with industry standard tools like Tableau, Confluence, Jira, Asana, SQL
- Ability to create crisp visual representations of complex data
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insights on industry trends
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and are a great team player
- Open to remote talent
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status.
See what we are up to here blog.hike.in