5 billion people, two-thirds of the world’s population, do not have access to safe and affordable surgical care. As a result, millions go untreated every year, causing unnecessary suffering, permanent debilitation, or death. The causes are a shortage of surgeons, varying quality of care, rising costs of training surgeons, lack of funding and lack of accessibility to quality surgery. Digital Surgery is on a mission to change surgical care for the better.
With our award-winning Touch Surgery mobile application and web platform, it is now the dawn of Digital Surgery. Digital Surgery has created a digital data-driven ecosystem that uses the latest cutting-edge technologies like AI, augmented reality and computer vision to modernize surgical training, orchestrate surgical teams and deliver safer surgery around the world.
To help us on our mission we have created a new role for a Product marketing Manager.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Oversee of the omnichannel marketing activities for the Touch Surgery mobile app.
- Collaborate to create exciting experiences, utilizing our XR capabilities.
- Maintain partnerships with Medtronic, hospitals and surgeons - a highly technical and close-knitted community of professionals.
Most importantly, this role will have a focus on execution and results, and the willingness to explore and take calculated risks. We work in a highly regulated market segment, but are doing bold things to change the status quo. We want this to permeate everything we do as we identify and market the benefits of our education and training experiences.
Your main objectives will be (may include the following and other duties may be assigned):
- Direct the development of our leading mobile app
- Leads and coordinates product planning, product launches, product management, market development and market research activities.
- Interacts directly with product managers to identify new marketing opportunities.
- Works individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating cost and managing projects to completion.
- Identifies unmet customer requirements and new business opportunities
- Facilitates and coordinates marketing activities with geographic areas
- Being responsible for the successful formulation of strategies, and their execution, that demonstrate and market the value and impact of the Digital Surgery education, training and XR experiences.
- Working across Medtronic, and with end users, to amass a body of evidence that demonstrates the impact, benefit and ROI our simulations and XR experiences provide.
- Defining and writing excellent user stories that clearly communicate requirements to the team
- Identifying blockers to delivery and finding ways to unblock them: run retros find ways we can improve as a development team
- Creating clear plans, goals, and running planning sessions to ensure the development team is aligned - these may be with Medtronic
- Working closely with relevant teams to make sure features are delivered that are of high quality
- Managing and prioritizing the XR product backlog
- Supporting the XR team to make sure we deliver on time, on budget, and to our high standards of quality
- This role will suit someone with experience managing a product through its lifecycle within a fast paced and agile environment.
- Experience working on a Mobile Application
- You will either have or be eager to have ownership of a Product Marketing strategy
- Knowledge of project management is an asset
- Demonstrable content creation, establishing and promoting a value proposition, product management and messaging
- Extensive integrated product and/or marketing experience. Healthcare or life-sciences is
- Successful experience growing revenue, sales and product targets in a technology, data products or software company, demonstrable via numbers and KPIs.
- Global work experience is a plus.
- Experience with gathering evidence of impact and ROI - and presenting this back in impactful ways.
We’re in a really lucky position to operate as a small team, with all of the benefits of a big company. Following our acquisition by Medtronic in February 2020, our benefits have had an impressive facelift. Our benefits package aims to help support your health, build wealth, grow in your career and share in the success of Digital Surgery and Medtronic. We are in the healthcare business and so in order to look after our people we provide:
- Private healthcare via AXA PPP - £100 excess
- 30 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme (we double your personal contribution of up to 6%, by contributing 12%)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual meal allowance
- Life insurance (4 x annual salary*)
- Group Income Protection (67% of insured salary payable until pensionable age)
- Life benefit policy
- Maternity - 20 weeks’ full pay + 15% returner’s bonus
- Paternity - 2 weeks’ full pay
- Employee Assistance Programme (support line for counselling, legal or financial advice)
- This is not to mention all the other perks for working with us such as our employee recognition programs, a cash bonus for referring a friend, and a whole host of other wellness benefits.
We also encourage flexible working, so you choose when you start and finish. This is just one of our Family Friendly company policies.
So what’s it like working at Digital Surgery?
Part of the Medtronic family we benefit from a small company feel, within the world's leading medical device company. We have 130 people globally, with teams across the UK, US and Canada. The majority are based in our London HQ in Old Street. The company is made up of several teams covering Engineering, Product, Studio, Innovation, Marketing, HR, Operations, Finance and Sales. We care about our employees’ career and development, offering training internally as well as external courses and attending global conferences. We believe that helping you grow will help our company grow too.
We have our Family Meeting on Friday afternoons with beer, wine and cold drinks - it’s a great chance to meet new joiners, share success stories and hear what’s been going on in the company that week.
- All for One
- Candid but Kind
- Deliver Extraordinary Things
Come help us to build a company that makes a difference, that changes lives, that saves lives.