The Project Director will have the overall responsibility for managing a group of studies sponsored by one company or multinational projects on high complexity with high financial value.
The individual programs will be managed by Project Managers, Senior Project Managers or Associate Project Directors.
The Project Director will plan and pro-actively manage multidisciplinary study teams (including Project Management, Site Management, Data Management, Statistics, Medical Writing, Regulatory and Safety) to ensure key milestones are achieved and studies are performed within budget, on schedule and in compliance with the appropriate - quality standards.
This position can be home / office based in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget and in compliance with applicable quality standards
- Will oversee Project Managers and Senior Project Managers and Associate Project Directors, assigned to their programs, including responsibility for project specific oversight, as required.
- Mentor and coach for Associate Project Directors, Project Managers or senior Project Managers when needed
- Serve as key client contact for assigned program, communicates effectively with clients to successfully manage the relationship and manage client expectations
- Ensure and oversight the develop and maintenance of Project Plans and timelines for their projects
- Manage the project budget, profitability and ensure invoicing is performed on time and in accordance with the scope of work
- Oversight or establish and maintain relationship with third parties/vendors
- Working with the Finance & Accounting team to analyze profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across their projects.
- Manage the resource allocation, on the project, in collaboration with respective Project Managers and line managers
- Manages high-level deliverables across the organization
- Participate in capability presentations/bid defenses, as needed
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- May provides leadership, guidance and support for Business Development opportunities, including participate in business proposal generation and final review process
- Participate in discussions of strategic options and study execution challenges/opportunities with the client during the proposal development
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in life science or RN diploma
- 10 years of relevant experience within clinical research
- Experience with Oncology and Hematology studies
- In depth knowledge of clinical research regulatory regulations governing the conduct of the clinical trials and quality standards
- In depth knowledge of project planning and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff particularly in multinational programs
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing priorities
- Internal and external negotiation skills
- Proficient in team leadership, facilitation, conflict management, decision making and teamwork
- Ability and willingness to travel to -10%
- Private Health Coverage
- Corporate Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Global General Liability Insurance
- Global Travel Insurance
- Home-based Allowance
- Internet reimbursement
- Car Allowance
- Flexible working schedule